Forums

Help › Forums

Re: The Pinnacle of WGT Success -- The Crystal "Water Boy" Award

Sun, Dec 13 2020 12:47 PM (4 replies)
  • JessicaOfCourse
    43 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2020 7:21 AM

"What's a Water Boy Award?"

I remember asking that nearly two years ago...and little did I know the impact it would have on my life and the world around me (lol-- tongue-in-cheek, please)

In my nearly two years of WGT golf I've made a few hole-in-ones, double eagles, recorded some decent scores, won some/lost more in Clash and Turf Wars and enjoyed virtual golf in nearly addictive states of passion and frustration at various times in a tumultuous two years--thru a wedding, pregnancy, to middle-of-the-night feedings, during the stress of house-hunting and packing up and moving to the East Coast, and now during a pandemic.

As I've noted before...WGT virtual golf has provided a "Zen-Like" experience, where nothing else matters more in that particular moment other than dinging the shot, the side-screen flashing and then seeing the ball roll into the hole.

And, that is a great thing about this game--it can take your mind off of a lot of things that you need a break from, as noted. :)

Somehow I've accumulated 260 plus awards in my virtual golf career...Crystal, Platinum this and that, but the most cherished of them all must be the Crystal Water Boy Award.

Having spent the time--a lot of time--purposefully chunking hundreds of starter balls into various ponds, lakes and even the Pacific Ocean, I can attest to the patience and persistence necessary to say, "I've done it--I've earned the Crystal Water Boy!" (lol)

For those still attempting to shoot that "perfect" round...to hit the 400 yard drive...to make consecutive hole-in-ones...if you do not have the Water Boy on your mantel shelf of awards, there will always be something missing.

For me, the Crystal Water Boy is front and center. It says, "Jessica is crazy enough to do this--she deserves an award attesting to it" (lol)

And, in this time of unbridled (and at many time unreasonable political correctness), you are NOT hearing me say, "Hey, how about a Water Girl Award?" ;) Actually, I think the name is perfect--you guys deserve this gender-specific name (lol) 

Here's to you...here's to all of us...the brave...the stubbornly addictive...the lovers of reaching Level 102 so you can finally have a great driver (I'm getting closer)...the winners of the Crystal Water Boy!

Cheers!

Wishing all the very best in health, happiness and great virtual golf for the Holiday Season!

Jessica (of Course) :)

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2020 1:23 PM

• gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2020 7:56 AM

JessicaOfCourse:
    For me, the Crystal Water Boy is front and center. It says, "Jessica is crazy enough to do this--she deserves an award attesting to it"

JessicaOfCourse:
    And, in this time of unbridled (and at many time unreasonable political correctness),

East coast you say???

My doppelganger ^^^ A wordsmith as well

Very well elucidation (of course) 

• JessicaOfCourse
    43 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2020 12:46 PM

Hi Jo!

Yes...transplanted now so close to the Atlantic I can almost see it! :) 

Thank you! I had to do a little tongue-in-cheek conversation about Water Boy lol

Much gratitude for giving the time to respond to my post--much appreciated! Wishing you and yours all the best for a fantastic healthy, happy Holiday Season!

Jessica

• JessicaOfCourse
    43 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2020 12:47 PM

Thank you, Don! Congrats, too!!!! Wishing you and yours a happy, healthy Holiday Season! I sent a friend request--maybe we can find a time to play and chat! Cheers, love and blessings, Jess

RSS