Help › Forums

Deleted Post

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 19 2021 3:31 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2021 10:21 PM

The link doesn't contain any user information. It's genuine for the list of the player who is logged in when using it.

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2021 12:30 AM

Alosso is correct Olive, the link only accesses the block list of the logged in user. Everyone who clicks the link sees their own block list, no one elses. You can test it by signing out of WGT.com, then clicking the link, it won't work then.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2021 11:11 AM

This is interesting.

I also have at least one person on my friends list that stubbornly refuses to be removed no matter how many times I try. It's not personal, I just prefer keep my friends list lean with only active contacts on it. However, blocking them in order to force removal feels more unfriendly than I'm comfortable with, so I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to unblock them again afterwards without finding them magically reinstated on my friends list?

Also, I have a few players on my friends list that I already deleted, but still show up. When I go to their profile only the 'Add As Friend' button shows, not the 'Remove Friend' one. I'm assuming the same advice still applies?

I haven't contacted WGT about this yet because quite frankly it's nothing more than a minor niggle, but asking questions here is often more productive anyway!

Nigel.

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2021 1:02 PM

I believe that is the whole procedure Nigel, block them to remove the sticky friends, then once they're gone, unblock them.

This friends thing is really messed up. I have friends whose pictures aren't in my list, and my picture isn't in theirs, and there is at least one who isn't a friend but my picture is on their profile and theirs is on mine, lol.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2021 1:10 PM

ScottHope:
    I have friends whose pictures aren't in my list, and my picture isn't in theirs, and there is at least one who isn't a friend but my picture is on their profile and theirs is on mine, lol.
    You have too many for the software, 294.

The limit for a working friends list is 255 = 2^^8 -1, theoretically. Some modesty may be advisable, 250 or so...

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2021 1:35 PM

Yes, I realise that alosso. I'm not 100% sure my list functioned correctly even when it was below the magic number, so I just don't care about it anymore, sorry.

⇩ EDIT : Thanks Nigel, good to know it still works.  ; ) ⇩

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2021 2:02 PM

Thanks Scott.

Blocked 'em then immediately unblocked 'em and now they're off the list.

Cheers.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2021 4:45 PM

I also had this issue, when I decided to trim down my list. But only when I tried it via WGT profile pages. They were removed normally, without having to block them, when I did it via the launcher. 

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Sat, Jun 19 2021 1:06 AM

...if only the list wasn't curtailed at 255.  : (

• PAGES
RSS