Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT app

Tue, Jan 5 2021 4:48 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2020 2:50 PM

The new version is totally different for me. Almost like learning a new game. I feel like an old dog, my owner has moved my food dish and I can't find it. Tee to green I can adjust but the greens and putting are something else. My meter runs smooth and true tee to green then all the sudden only when putting the meter becomes so choppy and jerky it is about unplayable for me. Maybe I do need to uninstall and reinstall it.I am somewhat resistant to change and a slow learner on some things so I guess I will figure it out eventually but I don't want to lol.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2020 4:33 PM

Lesthanpar:
    The new version is totally different for me. Almost like learning a new game. I feel like an old dog, my owner has moved my food dish and I can't find it. Tee to green I can adjust but the greens and putting are something else.

OMG, I coulda said the exact same thing. LOL. Putting has had me worried but when WGT introduced the classic dots-they roll like the Flash version-that helped a lot.

On the jerking on the green, you might try changing the resolution in the Game Settings to see if that helps. 

• 440MB
    4 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 12:16 PM

Hmm.  Let's see. 

1.  Having to close the app and restart it at least once per session.  It just sits there "loading" and does nothing.  Had a bloke from GB flat out call me a liar and said that he "can waste as much time as I can" and couldn't grasp the idea that maybe it's a server side error.

2.  Start a game and the app crashes after opponent is selected and it is "Loading".  We all know about that first game of the day and you want to use a CC pass and guess what you don't get to select if this happens......  (no, I don't have it set to auto).

3.  Love the new "Watch for more XP" button that appears after a round/game which is conveniently where the skip button used to be (right).  It's funny how fast the new XP meter goes away when you attempt to hit skip and have to watch an advertisement because of this.  And yes, I've learned to be a little more patient with this one.

4.  The swing meter that works flawlessly most of the time but somehow becomes jerky/skittish when playing important (to me anyway) games/rounds. Sometimes this occurs for all rounds played that session.

5.  The awesome promotion for DOUBLE XP this weekend only if you just go to the options to earn XP without having to shell out real money for it.  No, I did not get double XP it was the standard amount.

6.  Losses seem to be adding up since purchasing more CC Passes.  I was told never to do this but we all want the club to succeed so why not take a chance.  I guess I'll chalk it up to poor play since there's no way there is a correlation between the two.

7.  More lost balls (purchased) in the last 1 - 2 weeks than in the entire last year combined.  I guess this is another fluke of my poor playing ability.

8.  Purchasing an equipment special and you can't even see what level said equipment is at. There is nothing more humbling than purchasing a new TM SIM driver only to find out you've gained about 15 yards more than the PING driver you had purchased a few months earlier.  It is even more awesome when you play against someone who is many, many, many, many levels lower than you and they have the same driver, different level of course, that out drives you by a country mile.  I guess if you pay full price and not wait for a special, you get that option.

9.  The inability to see past scores for specific (or all) holes played.  Normal games of course.  Might be a DB admins nightmare but would be a nice feature.

10.  Per game opt-out of chat feature.  See 1 above.

These are just a few of my favorite things.  I look forward to your responses. 

Have a wonderful day!

• sl8kid
    67 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2021 3:36 PM

YankeeJim:
    when WGT introduced the classic dots-they roll like the Flash version-that helped a lot.

I've got a question about the "customize equipment" button in the settings...What exactly does it do???

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2021 4:48 PM

sl8kid:
    I've got a question about the "customize equipment" button in the settings...What exactly does it do???

It lets you change clubs in your bag. The normal setting defaults to a fixed set that you can't change. Chosing customize lets you do what you want.  :-)

• PAGES
RSS