Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Resetting advertiser

rated by 0 users
Sat, Dec 5 2020 7:29 PM (3 replies)
  • Inthehole167
    5 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2020 12:41 PM

If this has been asked I’m sorry for asking again but I can’t find anything recent. Is there a way to reset my iPhone so Id be able to get the daily videos? I remember that before apple updated their OS you could go into settings and reset the advertiser but I can’t find a way to do it now.  Thanks in advance!

• BWerthy
    1,009 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2020 8:01 PM

Go to privacy like before, but at the top there is the Tracking option, go in there and toggle the Allow Apps To Track, leave it green.  That’s the trick now

hope that helps

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sat, Dec 5 2020 8:27 AM

BWerthy:

Go to privacy like before, but at the top there is the Tracking option, go in there and toggle the Allow Apps To Track, leave it green.  That’s the trick now

hope that helps

Not really. Even with Allow Apps to Track green I was only getting 2 or 3 ads before I had to restart the App and sometimes even then I wouldn't get any more ads. 

The best option is to go to privacy/Apple Advertising and turn off personalized ads. After turning off personalized ads I can watch all 75 without having to restart the App. 

• BWerthy
    1,009 Posts
    Sat, Dec 5 2020 7:29 PM

I’m sorry borntobesting that this isn’t working for you. It came up in our forum and this was found by a member after much searching and so far no one has come back saying it hasn’t worked for them. I was having the same issue being only able to watch 1-2 videos before I had to reset the old ad ID  but this is what works for me 

make sure to close the app before hand and toggle the tracking add button a couple of times and then leave it green. It works for me. I am iOS though you may be android.  

good luck, I hope it works for you or you find something that works.  

RSS