Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Crash during Overstuffed Showdown..

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 25 2020 1:14 PM (7 replies)
  • GolfNomad
    299 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2020 3:50 PM

So I'm playing my last round..we couldn't even finish the first hole with so many glitches and loading problems..the funny thing is that the WGT gave me a scorecard that shows me playing 9 holes..and even a birdie..with me bogeying the last 3 holes..and we never even finished the first hole.  I was ranked to at least make the cut with my normal play..if it allowed me to finish.  I was -1 after 2 rounds..  Needles to say it gave me a score of +3 for the tourney..and never even played the last round.

Is there any re-course on this..kinda sucks that I was playing pretty good and get this bogus scorecard because it didn't let me continue.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2020 4:50 PM

GolfNomad:

Is there any re-course on this..kinda sucks that I was playing pretty good and get this bogus scorecard because it didn't let me continue.

The recourse is to not play it.  It has been that way since day one, WGT does nothing about it.  It has been brought to their attention(if they payed attention) many many times, most have quit playing the showdowns for that reason.  Just look at the ball hits you burned up playing, and credits you paid.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2020 4:58 PM

GolfNomad:

It is still only the first day of 3 days of qualifying. If you make it through to the second round then the 3 bogeys won’t matter anyway. If you do not make it to the second round after the first day of qualifying try again on the second or third qualifying days and send an email to WGT. They will reimburse you your entry fee for the first qualifying attempt. 

• Norm00900
    57 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2020 5:06 PM

Stick to the rookie and play starter ball...don’t waste resources with all the glitches...to many glitches and 400 gold for first does not even cover the ball strikes over the 3 rounds...

• GolfNomad
    299 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2020 6:52 PM

That sucks..thought WGT would've gotten better over the years..thanks.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2020 9:41 AM

thousands of people play them.

The forfeit glitches have work arounds. (most of the time). it's been over 7 months since i got bogeys on a scorecard despite probably at least 40 forfeited rounds.

The scorecard after a forfeit can be wrong in the earlier holes. Once you finish out it corrects itself. 

I make a decent  profit in credits playing in them.  also Think i have around 40 of the level 40 titlists left  that i burn up in coin games. i win those. I don't buy them. I don't play in Rookie though.  so that saves me credits every week in balls i don't have to purchase. 

Most of the comments above come from uneducated people and people that rarely played the showdowns anyway. They encountered one problem and never bothered to find a solution so they bailed.

yes the showdowns could use improvement. specifically the payout in Expert needs to be bumped up significantly based on the entry fee. and would be nice if they completely eliminated the bogey bug worry.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2020 12:49 PM

Mythanatos:

Most of the comments above come from uneducated people and people that rarely played the showdowns anyway. They encountered one problem and never bothered to find a solution so they bailed.

yes the showdowns could use improvement. specifically the payout in Expert needs to be bumped up significantly based on the entry fee. and would be nice if they completely eliminated the bogey bug worry.

Yep, you are correct.  I bailed on them.  I have sometimes, sometimes not, been able to finish rounds when others have left.  I have never seen the bogey bug correct itself, later.  It's a farce, just like the coin rooms, except this one costs credits.  It might be one thing if you were playing against someone in the tournament,  but I had so many people tell me they were not in it, just playing, and those are the ones that tend to quit when they hit a bad shot.  That tournament and coin rooms are so full of re-starters it's pathetic.  And yet WGT does nothing.

Just waiting for the day the only options is going to be Steam and they turn VAC on.  WGT population will decrease in a heartbeat.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2020 1:14 PM

there are two issues. one is just an error on the scorecard. it happens when someone forfeits, you play on. . then you look at the card and it's off. It usually is correct but sometimes it's off by a decent amount. If you just play the round to completion this will get fixed once the card has all the legit scores. 

the other problem is the "bogey bug". there are several posts on this here. I've even typed it at least two times if not 3.

so consider this just another time i say the  same thing.

if someone forfeits and the game hangs up on you;  do not hit cancel. you can try retry but it probably won't work at this stage.

so just hard close the app and restart it. it will be as if the holes were never played.  yes you have to redo the holes you just did in that set but it beats having 3 bogeys.

and yes i agree it needs to be fixed so i don't have to do that but they haven't done so yet.

RSS