Forums

Help › Forums

Re: One & Done Week 34 - Mayakoba Classic (Dec 3-6)

Sun, Jan 3 2021 10:35 AM (37 replies)
  • WGTJudgeSmails
    259 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2020 8:45 AM

We are finally here everyone, the final tournament of an extremely long and confusing One & Done Season. I was mostly through this post and then realized the tournament isn't until next week, but I figured I could just post again next week directing to this post. Thank you to everyone who has participated over the past two years, I can already tell you we will be returning it back for Year 3. I will make an announcement on the matter in a couple weeks since we are already back to the start of a new season. My hope is this continues to grow so we can make the prizes better in the future. Feel free to reach out to friends who might enjoy this, but for those of y'all who like the 30-40 people playing each year then keep that information to yourself so you have a better chance at prizes!

In all seriousness, I have always enjoyed doing this and I hope it provided everyone a distraction from what is easily the strangest year of my life and I'm sure many of yours as well. You have college basketball cancellations all over, the NFL continuing to plow forward even with the increasing positive tests coming back, and then there is golf which has almost been a stabilizing force in sports. Stay safe everyone and remember, if you are missing the fairway by 25 yards off the tee, you can just tell your friends that your fully adhering to social distancing policies!

On a much more serious note... what on earth happened to all the good players last week? By far the worst overall results I would say for our competition this year. Ander101 was the only one with a player in the playoff so he has won the sleeve of balls. Alright, here is everything you need for this week and I will be updating the overall totals so everyone knows their position going into this week.

One & Done Sheet

Player's Used Sheet

Mayakoba Field

If you make your pick early and the player withdraws, just note that I always send reminders the day before the tournament so as long as you are checking your messages there is no reason not to get this pick in early.

One last huge side note, I hope everyone plans to watch the match starring Charles Barkley and some other guys (Phil Mickelson, Steph, and Peyton Manning)... but only Charles matters. And speaking of Charles's, Charlie Woods will be teaming up with Tiger in the father son. I know football is king, but make sure to mark those two events on the calendar because they are must see TV. Good luck everyone!

-WGTJudgeSmails

• HB1717
    303 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2020 9:18 AM

H. English

• RDHacker
    103 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2020 11:18 AM

Team Hacker:

Camilo Villegas

• ander101
    390 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2020 12:33 PM

Thanks much for the sleeve Judge, I'll get my final player pick in next week.

• phipster
    4,430 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2020 1:26 PM

Justin Thomas for me please...

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2020 6:18 PM

Team EBK selects Byeong Hun An pls Judge.  Thx!

Wanted to say thanks for doing this all year as well.  Cheers! 

Happy Thanksgiving all.  Stay safe!

• stevedavies500
    1,866 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2020 5:14 AM

Sharks pick for the final game is Brendan Todd 

Thanks judge it’s been a crazy year - good luck to all and Happy Thanksgiving 

Steve

• 1963Bubba
    3,305 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2020 6:58 AM

I will pick B. Koepka this time, Judge.

Thanks again for all the work and effort this year.

A.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2020 7:00 AM

Hiya Judge.

Team Wutpa rounds things off by picking Abraham Ancer thanks.

many thanks for running the competition through this long, strange year and congrats to everyone who participated.

Nigel.

• rtstro77
    137 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2020 7:57 AM

Danial Berger for Mayakoba win.

Thanks Judge for running this contest.

RSS