Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Can't find match or stroke play on Desktop Client.

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 20 2020 2:22 PM (8 replies)
  • MBUTT420
    15 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2020 9:50 AM

I've tried joining and creating games several times to no avail. I found a match play game in seconds using the flash client. However I find this client unplayable and it wont exist in two months anyways. What's the deal with finding match play opponents on the desktop client?

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2020 11:08 AM

MBUTT420:

I've tried joining and creating games several times to no avail. I found a match play game in seconds using the flash client. However I find this client unplayable and it wont exist in two months anyways. What's the deal with finding match play opponents on the desktop client?

There are still a number of us that can play the flash version with no problems(you need to find a browser that still handles flash, without jumping through hoops)  But you are correct, it is difficult to find games in the new version(not many using it yet???)  Either WGT needs to get off of their butts and fix the situation, or maybe it will improve after the end of the year.

• MBUTT420
    15 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2020 1:16 PM

The flash was unplayable for me as I started with mobile / new version, so I can see why the new version might be hard to play for veteran players - that being said flash is going away so hopefully people start switching over soon.  

• protonc
    644 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2020 4:54 PM

A few post on here with the same issue.

From a different topic:

protonc:

Yes, it's much slower now that they have split up the pool of players by having a apparel bonus off/on selection.  Try both on or off for apparel and change minimum player rank to Pro.  Seems to be the best shot to get a game for Stroke, Alt Shot, or Match.  Wish they would just do away with apparel bonus mess if it's going to split the game.  Also needs an Any selection instead of just off/on.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2020 8:58 PM

protonc:
    Try both on or off for apparel and change minimum player rank to Pro.  Seems to be the best shot to get a game for Stroke, Alt Shot, or Match. 

protonc, I passed along your suggestions to a friend of mine who was having difficulty getting games on the new PC app (in his case, he was using the Steam version I believe).  This is what he had to say:

"I tested your theory about clicking "no" on apparel when setting up a Match game. It worked, I got a quick response and game from a TL."

... and, later ... 

"It worked again on an AS game so its no longer a theory. Nice work professor."

So... thank you, Professor Protonc 🎓

• MBUTT420
    15 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2020 6:21 PM

I'll try this out. I should probably always be playing with apparel bonuses off anyways considering I play both coin rooms and ranked rounds. 

Thanks

Edit : Awesome, it works. I still had to create my own game but at least someone joined.

• arovli
    1 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2020 2:23 PM

Turned the apparel off and finally got in a game after a week. Thanks for the advice yall. Besafe and be blessed 

• protonc
    644 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2020 3:25 PM

Glad it's working out for a number of you!

Now, c'mon Champ, give us some news that you guys are working on a fix or a selection for "Any", instead of only On/Off.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2020 2:22 PM

protonc:
    Now, c'mon Champ, give us some news that you guys are working on a fix or a selection for "Any", instead of only On/Off.

And cross play-mobile to PC- while you're at it, please. Throw in a fix to the friends available to play mess and we might actually get to use up some of those revenue generating golf balls. Win win as I see it.  :-)

RSS