Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New version after flash

Mon, Jan 11 2021 1:47 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • fullshot
    6 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2020 9:07 AM

Wow what a way to spoil something good. The new desktop version is just brutal. Not even close to a good realistic game. Bring back Links or stay with the old WGT.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2020 9:20 AM

fullshot:
    Bring back Links

Links never went away, it's a totally different game unassociated with WGT.

Google Links Corner.

• tramilleo
    1,869 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2020 9:39 AM

After playing flash for 11 years i welcome the new version, the more time i spend on it the better my putting gets, and the visuals are excellent. I also love the full avatar, makes it seem better. Wish it were easier to find my friends or anyone online, but other than that give it a week or 3 before you write it off. My golf addiction wont let me quit lol

Weylon

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2020 12:53 PM

YankeeJim:

Links never went away, it's a totally different game unassociated with WGT.

Google Links Corner.

Right?

Perfect Parallels are the guys who did Links, that's why certain aspects of their game play quite similar, albeit not nearly as good, suffers from 'kitchen sink' syndrome.

WGT not even remotely like Links or anything else for that matter. Too funny.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2020 1:20 PM

dedBuNNy:
    Perfect Parallels are the guys who did Links

Not. They weren't even around when Links came out as a Microsoft product back in the 90s. To this day it remains the most realistic golf sim of all. You can't game your way around it, you have to know how to golf.  :-)

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2020 1:34 PM

YankeeJim:

dedBuNNy:
    Perfect Parallels are the guys who did Links

Not. They weren't even around when Links came out as a Microsoft product back in the 90s. To this day it remains the most realistic golf sim of all. You can't game your way around it, you have to know how to golf.  :-)

Andrew Jones is president and chief operating officer stated:

“Some of us, including myself, come from a background associated with the old Links LS golf game.”

Some of those guys were around Links before MS acquired it from Access. If you go into PP forums, you can read threads with some of the guys talking about developing various parts of Links. Not sure if they did anything with it once MS had it.

• WGTweb
    27 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2020 3:19 AM

fullshot:
    Not even close

Did you only click the Play Now button, not Game Modes?  When you play modes that exist in both Flash and Desktop, it's the same courses, images, and physics.

• Timeslayer
    15 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2020 7:05 AM

New versions after flash completely SUCK!

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2020 7:36 AM

The PCEA works great and is much better than the Flash version

• MYOPF1
    2 Posts
    Mon, Jan 11 2021 7:07 AM

• PAGES
RSS