Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Putting Glitch

Sun, Oct 25 2020 10:06 AM (8 replies)
  • gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2020 10:57 AM

This seems to be happening more & more and it's infuriating.  I have a 2 or 3 foot tap in for my par and when I hit the putt it goes right over the hole and ends up 20 or 30 foot past the hole.  The only explanation is that WGT puts the meter on 20 or 50 feet.

Please tell me why WGT would do such an idiotic thing?  Don't tell me I should check the meter for a 2 foot putt because that would be illogical.

• Dex000
    109 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2020 1:25 PM

If you have a scroll wheel on your mouse, you could be accidentally changing the meter. That happened to me before, so now I always check everything before each shot as a pre-shot routine. 

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2020 1:36 PM

possibilities-

mousewheel changing clubs on you. 

in fringe. fringe defaults to 100foot meter.

you change the meter in one view. then switch views and hit the ball. if you change views you have to redo the meter choice.

• NickolasMagos
    33 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2020 3:46 PM

It happens to me as well.  Not all the time but often enough.  It's the auto caddy feature that doesn't work properly.  I also get it with the irons that gives me 1 to 3 clubs more than what I need.

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2020 3:51 PM

gerryniswonger:
    Don't tell me I should check the meter for a 2 foot putt because that would be illogical.

Even though you said not to tell you this, I would check the meter. I mean, since it's happening more and more, it actually seems logical to check it. 

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2020 3:55 PM

Mythanatos:
    in fringe. fringe defaults to 100foot meter.

For me, it doesn't always default to 100-foot when on fringe. Here's an example where I was on the fringe at Wolf Creek, and it gave me a 20-foot meter.

• Cicero733
    2,291 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2020 4:46 PM

In the past two days I have the game do the opposite. It usually moves to a higher scale which I can usually catch. Now it is moving to a lower meter. The 100’ scale dropped to the 20’ scale and a 20’ ft scale dropped to the 10’ scale. The first instance was a 64’ eagle putt which went about 10’-12’. The second was a 12’ downhill putt that went about 4’. Never expected either one. A new one for me.

• xAmazingTrace
    122 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2020 3:57 AM

What's the solution here? Should they always just start on the lowest meter? Based on reading the feedback, it would seem they can't find a solution that will make everyone happy. I just assume it's wrong and always check it. It has become a habit. 

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2020 10:06 AM

xAmazingTrace:
    I just assume it's wrong and always check it. It has become a habit. 

That is the best thing to do. It's not as bad on flash or PCEA but on mobile just about every time you change views the game changes your putter scale. Just double check it every time you change views and all should be good. 

RSS