Forums

Help › Forums

Re: How many people actually play in the WGT free CTTH tournaments

Fri, Jun 16 2023 10:05 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • phipster
    4,423 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2020 2:48 PM

As an exercise I deliberately played as badly as possible in WGT's October best of Water Holes Sweeps CTTH and scored a massive 2640 points which currently has me in 344th place - which surprised me as I thought that 1000s of people would be playing in it...

• borntobesting
    9,622 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2020 4:44 PM

phipster:

As an exercise I deliberately played as badly as possible in WGT's October best of Water Holes Sweeps CTTH and scored a massive 2640 points which currently has me in 344th place - which surprised me as I thought that 1000s of people would be playing in it...

Well I don't think too many people play that one because of the many chances to lose a ball in the water. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,494 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2020 5:24 PM

My question would be rather "how many people actually play WGT altogether?". Probably much much less than whatever million or billion WGT claims.

• MojosMojo
    104 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2020 11:51 AM

There is a tournament page that lists all the tournaments. You can click on any of them and see the full leaderboard and how many have entered and played.

• borntobesting
    9,622 Posts
    Fri, Oct 23 2020 12:11 PM

MojosMojo:

There is a tournament page that lists all the tournaments. You can click on any of them and see the full leaderboard and how many have entered and played.

Not really. If there are more than 250 players entered you will only see the top 250. Many of the top tourneys like the Virtual U.S. Open qualifier have many more than 250 entries and the leader board will only show the top 250. Most of the other tourneys have less than 250 so you see all entries on the leaderboard.

• JDGHOST
    6,763 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2020 7:22 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

My question would be rather "how many people actually play WGT altogether?". Probably much much less than whatever million or billion WGT claims.

"Dead On" Question........ My guess ...Less than 10,000  Probably not that high either...

I play a TON of skins games (look at my history) And in the 3 years I've been on WGT I would say I have played with 99.9% of the "Skinner" crowd I know almost everyone that skins by name and there are maybe 100 skinners MAYBE...

So you gonna tell me out of a million players actively playing WGT that only a 100 or less are willing to play skins for pennies?    Not Likely!!

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2020 10:48 AM

phipster:

Pardon me, but you'd have to try harder! ;)

I just played it as a FFTH (*), scored 10,949 points and ended up as #430. Thus, your observation is correct that there are only a few playing this Sweeps, probably due to the watery ball graves.

At Valhalla, scoring high was more difficult. I scored only 6,031 but became 5454th - quite a difference!

(*) Farthest From The Hole: Aim in the opposite direction and shoot with driver as far as you can ;)
    Be sure to use a Starter ball!
    It was quite popular here a while ago.

• Imahacker58
    366 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2020 4:55 PM

In Australia we are ineligible for prizes from the sweeps so no point playing really, and possibly (to answer JD’s post) , few play skins because most would play WGT on mobile now, where skins are unavailable, playing in coin rooms rarely do we come across players we have played before in the same month. In ready go’s and weekly tournaments perhaps a few hundred regulars and a lot more (like me) irregulars, though I have been playing them a bit more of late. But all in all, I would agree that regular WGT players would number far less than WGT claims, but as long as the numpties keep shelling out big credits for slow meter balls WGT will still be making big bucks.

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2020 4:05 AM

Imahacker58:
    as long as the numpties keep shelling out big credits for slow meter balls WGT will still be making big bucks.

This numptie buys the slow meter balls because my reaction time gets slow because of age. Slow meter balls cost me no real cash so wgt make $0 off of me. Thanks for the 2 credit videos. Cheers

• Kandrlife
    19 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2021 11:15 PM
    Thank you for that comment! I know it’s old but I had to put in my two cents worth: I’m in my 60s and I have Parkinson’s. Not only is this a good exercise for my brain… At least that’s what I keep telling myself! But I enjoy it. I have to get the slower meter balls to play with any consistency. I suppose they cost me… $10 per week? Big deal. If this isn’t worth $10 per week to me, it’s not worth doing. It’s supposed to be fun, right?
  • PAGES
RSS