Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Gamers, A Different Breed

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 18 2020 11:49 AM (2 replies)
  • Slimjim001
    1,024 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2020 6:15 AM

My guess is that on December 30th, we will all be launching from Steam. For the most part, I like Steam and the new version but one thing I detest is the class of people I have found there. Many and perhaps most are "gamers"; foul-mouth mobile hot shots who are clueless that the WGT.com PC world even exists. Most of them have never heard of PCEA.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2020 11:34 AM

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2020 11:49 AM

Slimjim001:
    My guess is that on December 30th, we will all be launching from Steam.

What?? 😂 Why??? First off there is no real logical reason to do that, secondly if that were the case I would think that WGT would say something similar to the way they just announced the end of Flash. Also it would make no sense to have a bunch of Flash players convert over to the PCEA Launcher App only to then make them change over to Steam a few months later. 
    WGT on Steam is nothing more than an attempt to expose the game to the millions of current Steam users as a source of potential new WGT players. I don’t see the direct download PCEA version going away any time soon. 

Slimjim001:
    I like Steam and the new version but one thing I detest is the class of people I have found there. Many and perhaps most are "gamers"; foul-mouth mobile hot shots who are clueless that the WGT.com PC world even exists. Most of them have never heard of PCEA. I think of them as the WGT anarchists. I will do everything I can to avoid these new world slimeballs.

You do understand that just because YOU play through Steam that does not mean that you will only be playing other Steam players? The people you are playing against, depending on what type of game you are playing, can potentially be playing on FLASH, PCEA, Mobile and Steam. Every version of the game is (to some extent) compatible with each other and everyone is playing off the same WGT server. Steam is just the site that you use to access the WGT servers!!

RSS