Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Brackets

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 27 2020 7:41 PM (8 replies)
  • BinkyDoormat
    4 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2020 11:00 PM

Where have all the brackets gone? I normally have 12-15 to choose from at any one time. The last week it’s been only 4 or 5 to choose from, and all free. Playing on ipad. 

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2020 3:22 PM

It's because they added Whistler and Cabo to many of the brackets. I don't know about iPad, but on PCEA I can sign up for them on the web, then go to my games and play them. However, if for some reason you have to restart, you can only finish with the flash version if you are on one of those courses.

• BinkyDoormat
    4 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2020 1:05 PM

Thanks. You’re right, I can see them on the web and enter them, but then they still don’t appear on the iPad for me to actually play in them. I guess those 2 new courses aren’t available on iPad yet.  

• Timeslayer
    15 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2020 9:13 PM

Might as well just go fishing.The new formats all suck!

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2020 11:24 AM

BinkyDoormat:

Thanks. You’re right, I can see them on the web and enter them, but then they still don’t appear on the iPad for me to actually play in them. I guess those 2 new courses aren’t available on iPad yet.  

Have you looked in "my tournaments" on your iPad? I think that is the only place they show up. I have heard they are not visible under "brackets" or "ready go".

Just something you might try.

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2020 11:56 AM

Yes the will show up under “My Tournaments” on PCEA/Mobile after signing up on Flash but they will not work properly and you will not be able to finish a round. So based on that you will just be wasting your credits trying to play them on PCEA/Mobile.  
    There is a reason they are not on those two versions in the first place!! 

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2020 12:52 PM

MarchieB:

Yes the will show up under “My Tournaments” on PCEA/Mobile after signing up on Flash but they will not work properly and you will not be able to finish a round. So based on that you will just be wasting your credits trying to play them on PCEA/Mobile.  
    There is a reason they are not on those two versions in the first place!! 

I have finished many rounds on both Cabo and Whistler playing on PCEA. The only issue I have had is there is a known problem with the game freezing on Whistler #14 sometimes. If you ever have to exit out of a game, the only way to finish is on flash. That has only happened to me about 4 times. I just looked, and I have played the two courses through "my tournaments" 35 times since they started showing up in brackets and Ready Go.

• RobHon
    77 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2020 9:39 PM

I have the same issue. The brackets seem to have largely disappeared on ipad and on mobile. I'm in the legend tier.

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2020 7:41 PM

You're not missing much. When brackets include Whistler or Cabo they take a day or two to fill. 

It's also strange that lately nearly every bracket has a par 5 round, and rarely a par 3 round. 

I don't know who is responsible for bracket tournaments, but he or she has no clue. Adding in par 5s is not making up for the loss in ball sales due to slow bracket turnover rate.

I'm guessing they don't care, because Clash is where the money is made.

Regardless of revenue, the bracket format has been butchered. It has already been suggested to not include Whistler and Cabo with other courses in paid credit brackets. These courses already have their own bracket so why f@%$ the system?

I'm beginning to look forward to the end of November when I get my license back and say goodbye to WGT forever.

RSS