Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New WGT??? Disappointing!!

Mon, Feb 1 2021 6:31 PM (89 replies)
  • FBridges
    3 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2020 12:28 PM

I've been playing since 2013, and have really enjoyed the game. As of October 2020 I was not able to play the flash version, instead I had to download an app on my pc. The app is very disappointing,  all of a sudden the way you used to putt has changed significantly.  I'm not able to get a alternate shot, match, stroke, or skins game to load. I have played the coin games, and I've noticed the people who play them have never heard of the flash version.  I understand the format is new and still has some bugs, and I hope Top Golf gets it worked out.  There was a time that I could play an alternate shot game with my friends,  but those days are gone. FBridges

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2020 3:38 PM

FBridges:

I've been playing since 2013, and have really enjoyed the game. As of October 2020 I was not able to play the flash version, instead I had to download an app on my pc. The app is very disappointing,  all of a sudden the way you used to putt has changed significantly.  I'm not able to get a alternate shot, match, stroke, or skins game to load. I have played the coin games, and I've noticed the people who play them have never heard of the flash version.  I understand the format is new and still has some bugs, and I hope Top Golf gets it worked out.  There was a time that I could play an alternate shot game with my friends,  but those days are gone. FBridges

More then likely the reason why you can't play the flash game is your browser on your computer blocking flash usage.  Search the forums and you will find many solutions for that.

Once in the new version, go to settings and select the classic for putting and it will work pretty much like flash did.  Yes there are no putter movements anymore, learn to adapt.

Alt shot is available on the new version, keep trying.

The reason none have heard of flash, is probably due to the fact they are from mobile and used to that version.  The pc version is the same thing, except now on big screen.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2020 4:20 PM

garyk49:
    Once in the new version, go to settings and select the classic for putting and it will work pretty much like flash did.

^^This. It makes a big difference. You find it in the game settings- the gear icon next to the exit button.

• KenZarley
    14 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2020 10:15 AM

I agree,

I have played both the desktop app, and the flash version in Firefox.  I can find Alt Shot games on flash, but cannot find games in the App.

It has only been the last two weeks or so.

Was there a recent update that did not allow for cross platform play?

KZ

• Cleworthy
    3,464 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2020 12:40 PM

Also, you will find slower meter speed if you set the resolution to 1024x768

JC

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2020 1:24 PM

KenZarley:

I have played both the desktop app, and the flash version in Firefox.  I can find Alt Shot games on flash, but cannot find games in the App.

It has only been the last two weeks or so.

Yes, you're not alone. Something all messed up in that part of the game.  :-(

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2020 4:50 PM

I was curious so I just logged in and almost immediately got picked up for an AS game in the EA app version.

However - I made sure to turn off sponsor apparel so it was not in play.  That could be a factor if you have not checked that option or setting when searching for a game.

• Timeslayer
    15 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2020 6:12 PM

Might as well just go fishing.The new formats all suck!

• Precely
    7 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2020 5:22 PM

AMEN  what a gip

• Hotai
    12 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2020 10:39 PM

I agree,, playing since 2008, I feel the game is regressing to a simple bar game with the big ball in the middle, I thought we were supposed to be moving FORWARD????

RSS