Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Coin Games Division Demotion

Mon, Jun 7 2021 4:31 PM (35 replies)
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2021 10:44 AM

There are three sections , promotion , stay on the same division , or demotion to a lower division . 

• StoolMcBowel
    11 Posts
    Mon, May 10 2021 9:00 PM

Should mention here that apparently once you progress from Platinum to Diamond, for example, you won't be demoted back into the Platinum ranks even if you rack up paltry numbers and "deserve" demotion.

Probably an anti-sandbag measure?  I've definitely seen division winners or close "mysteriously" turning up the next week sucking wind at the bottom of their new division.

• Cicero733
    2,292 Posts
    Wed, May 12 2021 10:46 AM

If you spend two consecutive weeks in the bottom third of your division you will be moved back one.

• Shadowridge85
    8 Posts
    Fri, May 14 2021 7:00 PM

I had made it to Diamond and of course did not play for 2weeks and got moved back 2 Divisions in Platinum, and then again missed playing and am in Gold, and moving up to Platinum this week. You know when I first got a message pop/up from WGT I was surprised to know I had finished 1st in a tier and won coins! LoL I think it was Silver or Gold, and I never even knew that these leagues were paying the top 10 each week. I saw the graphic at the top of the main lobby , but never noticed the one in our coingames room! I think it a good thing and it's cool that losses do not go against us AND we get our entry fees too......lol , anyway I just wanted to ask how hard it is to make the Top10 in the Diamond Divisions, is it fierce all the time? I noticed that back here in Gold, I can actually have a chance on earning a reward , as there is less going on and not 3 pages (so far) of the current 90 players moving up or down, or staying in their current league. What is the top Diamond Division's top payout? I mean I will never get it but just curious :) Thank you in advance for any reply! Have fun in the Links! 

• Cicero733
    2,292 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2021 8:37 AM

There is a “system” of sorts. Play in and win your division; move up into the next division and play less; move back to your former division; win your division, move up, and repeat. At some point though do the math. How much did I win in the weekly bonus coins vs how much did I lose in coin room losses while pursuing that win. Consider too how much you have to play to win your division and how many balls do you use.

• Cicero733
    2,292 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2021 8:53 AM

You can remain static in your division for one week. If you remain in your current division for a second week, even if above the cut line, you are moved back one.

• Cicero733
    2,292 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2021 9:02 AM

Your rank is where you place in a series of numbers. For example, your specifically assigned division may have 300 members. Your rank of 61 means you are 61 positions from first place with 239 players behind you. Each week, the rankings are compiled and you are, depending upon your rank in the series, either promoted, retained in place, or demoted to the next lower division. Traditionally this slotting is accomplished by thirds - top third is promoted, middle third retained in place, bottom third reduced one level. The “value” of your rank is determined by total coin winnings for that week (losses are not included in the calculations). 

And yes, you do get a weekly notification of your ranking. It is posted every Monday morning (if you played any coin room matches the previous week). 

RSS