Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New Version

Tue, Oct 13 2020 9:58 PM (5 replies)
  • Slammer23
    420 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2020 10:24 AM

Maybe more "wishful thinking" than bugs, but I'm wondering:

1. Break on the greens is WAY exaggerated over the flash version.

2. When reading the greens from the fairway, there's no way (I've found) to zoom in. You can choose your camera, but it seems to be a lot farther out and the pitch grid is basically a large square you can't see the hole through. So it's just guesswork on how far to move the grid for your approach shot.

3. The shot arc on the hole map is not there. Also, can we make the hole map movable, so it can be on the right side of the screen like in flash?

• cbbcrazy
    488 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2020 12:04 PM

I think the problems of flash on WGT will dwarf in comparison to the problems this thing is going to have.  Cartoon looking avatars a navigation board that had to be designed to confuse the players of the flash version.  I for one will end my 11 year episode of WGT on Dec. 29th or before.  Not interested enough to learn the cartoon version.

• MojosMojo
    104 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2020 12:17 PM

I don’t know... 

Been playing golf for over 45 years, never saw anyone with a ruler or a calculator during a round. Never saw a grid of squares that someone was counting and memorizing. Can’t remember having a putter pal or shot pal.

Seems like the “new” version is just another cartoon with better graphics. 

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2020 4:49 PM

Slammer23:
    Maybe more "wishful thinking" than bugs, but I'm wondering:

1. Break on the greens is WAY exaggerated over the flash version.

2. When reading the greens from the fairway, there's no way (I've found) to zoom in. You can choose your camera, but it seems to be a lot farther out and the pitch grid is basically a large square you can't see the hole through. So it's just guesswork on how far to move the grid for your approach shot.

3. The shot arc on the hole map is not there. Also, can we make the hole map movable, so it can be on the right side of the screen like in flash?

1. The putting grid dots on the PCEA run at half the speed of the Flash version so what you are seeing as break is actually half speed to what you're used to. This has now been made better by the "Classic Putting Grid Option" just added today (Oct 12,2020)  Flash players can chose the Classic option which will make the grid act similar to the Flash game.

2. Cant really comment on this. I while it might not be 100% exactly the same as Flash I don't think it's as bad as you make it sound. Maybe you could post a few screen shots of what you're experiencing.

3a. I'm not sure about this either (Arc on hole map)??  see answer above.

3b. Yes you can move the map in your options under "Swing Controls" If you want your map on the RH side choose "Left Side" or "None"(which i suspect is similar to Flash)

• Flatearth777
    267 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2020 5:47 PM

I cant find people in stroke play game for whole week. strange

• Slammer23
    420 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2020 9:58 PM

MarchieB:

1. The putting grid dots on the PCEA run at half the speed of the Flash version so what you are seeing as break is actually half speed to what you're used to. This has now been made better by the "Classic Putting Grid Option" just added today (Oct 12,2020)  Flash players can chose the Classic option which will make the grid act similar to the Flash game.

3b. Yes you can move the map in your options under "Swing Controls" If you want your map on the RH side choose "Left Side" or "None"(which i suspect is similar to Flash)

Very cool, thanks!

RSS