Help › Forums

Re: Whistler: Really That Scary?

Sat, Nov 28 2020 6:51 AM (25 replies)
  • BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2020 11:42 AM

Miantiao:

BPeterson8256:
    You should both play the TC 18 hole bracket. It's been over a week and there's still only 5 players in it. Hell, I don't even remember what I shot. 😂🤣

I play the TC 100cr 9 hole bracket.

The current one has taken four days to fill three places...

100cr 18 hole brackets aren't good value.

Three rounds of say 55-60 hits, get knocked out in the third round and pocket 144cr, which is not enough to cover the ball and a half used to play three rounds - and that's a lvl 61 166cr TM ball, not a 300cr Titleist ball.

Mike

Maybe this bracket will fill by Christmas 😂🤣 

I never worry about the $$$. I just play what I want to play. Between videos and the occasional good rounds I haven't been concerned with money for balls for a couple years.

The first round was Whistler and once I found I could play it on PCEA, I just wanted to play it whether I made money or not. I still can't play Whistler or Cabo except for in tournaments.

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2020 6:54 PM

BPeterson8256:
    I never worry about the $$. I just play what I want to play. Between videos and the occasional good rounds I haven't been concerned with money for balls for a couple years.

I think its only US citizens that have access to videos. In any case I wouldn't watch them because I'd rather spend my time on WGT playing the game. After initially spending money in the first couple of years I haven't spent a cent since.

There's only a few holes throughout WGT where a high spin ball would be handy. I'd have to spend time mapping a high spin ball to my clubs if I were to use one but the cost in credits doesn't justify using one. In addition they're too finicky or touchy for my liking in mod-high wind conditions.

If I were to play the E-Tour and similar tournament events using lower lvl clubs then a TM lvl 81 or Titleist lvl 70 and 87 would be the go to compensate, as many top players do, but I don't play unlimited round tourneys.

I won't waste my time, or balls, attempting to post an exceptional first round score just to be competitive in the final rounds.

In any case, this time back playing for a couple of months will be my last. I'll be off with Flash to slay Ming the Merciless, and maybe hookup with Princess Aura. 

Hope your bracket fills before Dec 29th.

• MBUTT420
    15 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2020 3:33 PM

Minus the courses, PCEA is the exact same as mobile. Your theory is silly.

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2020 8:52 AM

BPeterson8256:

Miantiao:

BPeterson8256:
    You should both play the TC 18 hole bracket. It's been over a week and there's still only 5 players in it. Hell, I don't even remember what I shot. 😂🤣

I play the TC 100cr 9 hole bracket.

The current one has taken four days to fill three places...

100cr 18 hole brackets aren't good value.

Three rounds of say 55-60 hits, get knocked out in the third round and pocket 144cr, which is not enough to cover the ball and a half used to play three rounds - and that's a lvl 61 166cr TM ball, not a 300cr Titleist ball.

Mike

Maybe this bracket will fill by Christmas 😂🤣 

Well, I am starting to think hoping it fills by Christmas is unrealistic. 😂🤣 Although we now have half of the bracket filled. 

• Car24Fan
    7 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2020 1:43 PM

I am sort of new here - really enjoy the game, not very good.

I read a lot of things about flash and am pretty sure I am not using it.  I just don't really know what I am using (on my computer, don't do these things mobile).  I got the program through Steam and actually have a program that I run (as opposed to a browser that I open a tab for).  Should I be concerned about the impending demise of flash?

• mymanpayne
    6,136 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2020 6:51 AM

If you've accessed the game through Steam, you are definitely not using the flash version. And if you enjoy playing on Steam, you're already good to go for everything after flash version goes away on Dec 29th.  Good luck and have fun!

RSS