Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Real or fake?

Sun, Mar 17 2024 9:48 AM (63 replies)
  • Dharla
    316 Posts
    Sat, Oct 10 2020 4:54 PM

ScottHope:
    ...monkeys have nothing to do with golf I know, but perhaps one day I might be able to make something that resembles a trophy, unless one of you gets there first!

I love Blender and Suzanne.... lols.

The hammer looks CG to me, mostly because of the background. I dabble in Blender but I haven't too much lately.

I did make this trophy almost 2 years ago for a Majestic Mountain tournament.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2020 12:44 AM

That's excellent Dharla, I like that a lot. Good floor texture too.  ; )

Are you a graphic artist by profession or is it just for fun?

EDIT : Don't wait for me Carl, I may never get to the required level.
  • carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2020 1:42 AM

Hi Scott n team

This is a wonderful software i believe. Looking forward to see lots n lots of Trophies.

Would love to buy some for special CC Tourneys in coming future :) :) 

Looking forward. Break a leg lol even if it means breaking two or three :D :D 

- Carl 

• Dharla
    316 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2020 4:55 PM

Thanks very much Scott! I've been using Blender for maybe 5 years or so off and on (back when select was with the right mouse button, lol..... talk about a hard habit to break...) but I'm just a hobbyist.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2020 1:39 AM

You can still choose right button select in the preferences...

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2020 2:10 PM

Basic Shapes:

Chess Pieces:

EDIT : Just noticed the queen has got two eyes.  : ))

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2020 9:47 AM

What's funny, or sad I guess depending on how you look at it is that Blender is awesome. Used to love it because it worked so well for creating assets in Flash projects. I don't do that work anymore, been a long time. 

It's funny because you look at the avatars in the game and you can see that even on casual basis use, the avatars could be just so so much cleaner, nicer ... just so much better. I'm at a loss as to why they're so bad.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2020 1:18 PM

Could it be that the more detail you put into a character, the more powerful a computer you need to animate it?

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2020 10:59 PM

ScottHope:

Could it be that the more detail you put into a character, the more powerful a computer you need to animate it?

Well ya, the higher the poly count and tighter meshes, textures, lighting etc.... Anything you do has some affect on it, but really even with pretty lightweight specs, it would be nothing much. Thing is, there's no real game assets stored on your computer. The installation of the game is like what 300mb or something? 255 on my machine, so the rendering, if there is any, is being done at their end, and they are 'dynamic' characters either, pretty static. The swing animations are like a two-state deals from what I can tell.

But then again, this is much the same game as the old one. Everything is still pushed to your machine so via browser framework so I don't imagine there's much room to play with, which is why there's no animations, terrain movement, environment lighting etc.

Avatars don't have to look killer lifelike, would not take much to polish up the faces and head features, hair. Graphic arts students are all over the place, find a couple, pay  them a couple grand and give them some basic parameters and such, probably get some nice stuff back.

There's no reason to have anatomical weirdness going on, not these days also. I'd like to think there's a massive update to the game coming, like a totally polished version being dropped. 

;)

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2020 2:13 AM

Basic Street:

Lighting & Fog:
RSS