Forums

Help › Forums

Constant stuttering bar on Huawei p20 Pro

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 20 2020 9:38 AM (6 replies)
  • Spoonbill77
    5 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2020 12:20 PM

Hi all, my Huawei p20 Pro has recently had its initial android update from 9 to 10 (currently 10.0.0.171) which has now resulted in a constant bar stutter (also known as game lag). This is now making it very difficult to achieve any consistency, especially when it comes to getting close to the ding line. I've been in contact with both WGT and Huawei support about this to be advised to try various things that may resolve the issue but no luck so far.

Is there anyone else having the same or similar problems, particularly users in the UK as they might have recently updated from 9 to 10?. If so, have you found a way around this issue?

• Spoonbill77
    5 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2020 8:55 AM

Hi Youngandsweet, can I ask you what mobile you're using and which version of Android is it running?

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Wed, Nov 11 2020 7:35 AM

I don't play on my Android tablet very often, I was more of a flash player now PCEA. But I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab E with Android version 7.1.1 that I use at times. I just  updated WGT mobile and played a random 3 on it, My meter was fairly smooth, Could it be that your tablet or phone needs to be optimized to free up memory?

• Spoonbill77
    5 Posts
    Wed, Nov 11 2020 9:03 AM

Hi Borntobesting, I've just checked the memory and storage and it looks like there's plenty spare on both fronts. My WiFi download is consistently around 44mbps and just under 9mbps upload speed. I've also tried the game on a good mobile connection with no difference to how it performs.

I make sure no other apps are running in the background, even gone to the extent of clearing the WGT app cache and restarting my phone which sometimes helps with the sudden excessive bar jumps but makes no difference to the constant bar judder.

I've tried performance mode in the battery setting, changing the resolution and turning off the shadow setting in the WGT app, stopping gesture features and screen shot functions but nothing helps.

What's frustrating is a lot of other android phones have already had additional Android 10 updates a few months back but Huawei seem to be lagging behind on this. It might well be that the problem gets resolved after the latest version 10 update.

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Thu, Nov 19 2020 4:00 AM

For testing purposes be sure to turn off/disable any real time malware monitoring software.Also make sure you are not running more than one antivirus or firewall software.

• Spoonbill77
    5 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2020 9:38 AM

My phone doesn't appear to have any issues on that score Tigerpaw509

RSS