Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Amigos Championship Series

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 29 2020 9:58 AM (0 replies)
  • BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2020 9:58 AM

The WGT Amigos recently wrapped up their WGT Amigos Championship Series. This series was played over all 14 WGT courses as single play 18 hole events using a handicap system. I wanted to acknowledge our Champions here. 

Throughout the series, there were trophies for the top 3 in each Championship, awards for Closest To The Pin, and Longest putts, and random drawings for a sleeve of balls in each Championship. 

We had winners from all tiers between Masters and Tour Champions. Handicaps were new to us as we started this series, and we are constantly trying to improve the accuracy of these handicaps. With 12 different Amigos earning trophies over the course of the Series, many others in contention, and a down to the wire race for our Top 10 and Top 3 trophy spots in the Series, I think we are off to a good start. Our one exception was DuduM1 who totally dominated the Series. As a new player, Dudu is taking the time to really learn the game, and her game improved drastically all throughout our 14 week Series. She won as a Master, Tour Master, and Legend, showing that the longer tees weren't about to slow down her quest for excellence. 

We are now continuing on with our handicap tournaments, including a monthly four round tournament. October's tournament will be the Pumpkin Patch Open.

One of the fun things about our club, is we are all encouraged to have fun our own way. We get to help shape the club. If you are looking for a club, we are always looking for fun members who want to participate, join in the fun, and help create the fun. I'm sure our club director, vivian1234 would love to hear from you. 

Cheers   Brett

RSS