Forums

Help › Forums

Re: I need tip to hit straight on Opposite wind on approach shots

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 28 2020 10:55 AM (2 replies)
  • Flatearth777
    267 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2020 7:08 PM

I am ok with side winds or cross winds. But when its opposite wind even if i miss ding by fraction of mm either side... i am off from 6-10 yard

I want to find a way that i dont miss more than 3 yard.

Anyone have secret tip?

• RickinWaSt
    2,062 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2020 9:02 PM

Solutions are impacted by the ball and clubs used. Where you play, like oceans courses, influence the flight. Green elevations are another especially ball roll.  

Two resources: TwistEd Root “Advanced Settings and Calibration of Shot Distance” on YouTube. WGT Mistress Colette profile page for her extensive tutorial.

• BWerthy
    1,009 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2020 10:55 AM

That is the best tip. You must miss ding it into the wind.  Even when compensating for 3-5 mph winds, any miss with the wind will move your ball away from where you are trying to land it.  

im not sure what ball you use, but when I switched to a slower meter ball speed it drastically helped.  

I have also found that on some holes to reduce risk and to reduce the amount of effect the wind has on the ball, go with full front spin. It keeps the ball lower, I use effectively on St Andrews hole 16 with the OOB to the right. 

RSS