Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Clash #134 - going ‘round and ‘round and ‘round

Fri, Feb 5 2021 10:29 AM (7 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Thu, Sep 17 2020 3:32 PM

Tournament 12 greens.  Low wind.

We’ve played 2 x St. Andrews, 1 x Pebble, and 1 x Erin so far.  Pretty nice variety in types of courses.  

My club is having fun this time!

What's course #4?  Anyone?

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Thu, Sep 17 2020 3:46 PM
    It’s Bethpage B9
  • AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Thu, Sep 17 2020 3:58 PM

Connorjwebb123:
    It’s Bethpage B9

Thanks.  Even lower wind!

• sario66
    140 Posts
    Thu, Sep 17 2020 10:14 PM

Connorjwebb123:
    It’s Bethpage B9

Where can we find out in advance? TIA...

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2020 7:51 PM
    sario66:
    Where can we find out in advance? TIA...
    You can't. Once the Clash starts though, you can check to see where other clubs are playing by looking at profile pages about 1/2 hour later.

We wound up with 8 x St. A's, 2 x Pebble, and 1 x Erin Hills. Never saw the Black Queen.
  • FXRP
    11 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2020 9:46 PM

It’s Erin, over and over for us.  Congratulations to ECB for a victory well earned.  See you in two weeks.

• sario66
    140 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2020 9:28 PM

AlaskanDame:
    You can't. Once the Clash starts though, you can check to see where other clubs are playing by looking at profile pages about 1/2 hour later.

We wound up with 8 x St. A's, 2 x Pebble, and 1 x Erin Hills. Never saw the Black Queen.

Ok thanks. And thank you for the 1/2 hour advice 😉

We played a lot of Erin hills on the first day, too many times to keep track of 😂 

..and lots of Pebble the next day. Too much -more like overkill 🤣

We never saw Bethpage either. 

• sario66
    140 Posts
    Fri, Feb 5 2021 10:29 AM

Why is it that all of the clubs entered in the club clashes aren't playing the same courses at the same time?

My club got and seems to be stuck at Olympic for the majority of the clashes. We got to play St. Andrews ONCE so far. 

But I see that certain clubs -mainly the top clubs in WGT- get to play St Andrews a lot more than we get to. It's a joke. That makes for easy wins for those clubs. Things would be different if they had to play Olympic set at brutal conditions so many times like we did... 

It's also nice to see that the big clubs can have TWO OWNERS but the smaller clubs can only have ONE OWNER? Unreal. But that's another topic for another time.

My point is this: all of the clubs should be treated equal, and not have to suffer not having the same rights as these super clubs. These big clubs don't have to spend real $$ to be competitive as the small clubs do as WGT is giving them such a major advantage as it sits now.

If WGT can't make these clubs competitive and level playing field then what's the point or incentive of starting or owning a club? 

It's like when walmart moved into your town...wally world undercuts and pushes any competition right out. The small businesses in the community can't keep up or fight against them.

The way I see it WGT is letting the walmarts of WGT take over and ruin any chance of a small club being successful on any level, and it's not good for the game no matter what club you're in or what club that you own.

RSS