Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Community Update September 2020 (now with pictures!!!)

Sat, Sep 16 2023 2:24 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2020 11:53 AM

Hi everyone, 

It's that nice part of September when the leaves start changing color and Champion shows up to talk about WGT. 

In my August post I listed a few things we're working on. Today I want to focus specifically on the progress we're making to improve the aim marker. As you continue reading, please keep in mind that development is still in progress, and the final product may look or be functionally different than shown here.

The first change is to the aim box itself, which is now a single color that's easy to see on bright backgrounds and easier to see through when on the green. 

The second change is to the reverse camera when putting. The aimer will now move low to the ground, which is the default placement from the Flash version of the game. This gives a better look at the green. Plus, the aimer no longer covers the majority of the grid lines between the player and the cup. 

The third change is a show/hide toggle for the aimer altogether. When this feature is available, you'll be able to use the "v" key, which you can rebind in settings to hide the aim box. This will allow you to get a clean view of your putts or anywhere else you'd prefer to see without the aim marker box. Note that you cannot drag your aim while the aim box is hidden. 

That's it for my September update. We'll talk soon. 

Thank you for reading and thank you for playing.

_CHAMPION

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2020 2:23 PM

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2020 5:16 PM

Who said miracles don't happen

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2020 8:37 PM

Excellent!

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Thu, Sep 17 2020 5:57 AM

Good news Champ :) Any news on the puttinggrid and avatars incoming?

Cheers

Bjorn

• Dex000
    109 Posts
    Thu, Sep 17 2020 9:28 AM

This doesn't seem too bad, as long as the dot speeds, grids, and aim points don't change.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Thu, Sep 17 2020 11:30 AM

WGTChampion:

As you continue reading, please keep in mind that development is still in progress, and the final product may look or be functionally different than shown here.

The first change is to the aim box itself, which is now a single color that's easy to see on bright backgrounds and easier to see through when on the green. 

Any chance you can make the aim box more transparent?  Or (even better) have a slider in the Settings where the user can set the aim box transparency to their own preference?

• DavStan
    255 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2020 4:25 PM

when are these changes suppose to take effect?, Nothing is different as of yet! can't wait for the the putting aim box to be smaller.

• NrEighteen
    956 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2020 11:07 AM

I hate to say this as I really appreciate all efforts to make the game better, but this new idea of completely hiding the last vital feet of the putting line doesn't work very well. I honestly don´t see the point. Sure, I can hide it but that only means a lot of key pressing back and forth.  

cheers

• PAGES
RSS