Forums

Help › Forums

Re: COSA NOSTRA V SEL

Tue, Oct 13 2020 1:09 PM (47 replies)
  • Borat74
    2,788 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2020 2:31 AM

Me and Pete just got our game done and it was a really enjoyable match as Pete is a Gent and on a warm day you cant beat a couple of Cold ones eh m8 :-)

Pete started off real Quick and went 1 up after the 1st,i managed to win the 2nd as Pete found the Rubbish at the top of the bunker,I went 1 up after 6,tied 7 and Pete won 8&9 to take the turn 1up,solid putt from 15-16 ft on 11 for Pete as i had a gimme,Brain fart from me on 12 when i drove OB,Pete hit to 4ft on 13 when 2up but then the highlight for me as i had a HIO and then took 14 with a birdie,AS on 15th and Pete played a great shot in for a birdie and 1up,16th was tied,then we both found the green on 17th but a dodgy putt for me and handed Pete a 2&1 win.

Well Played m8 and hope to do it again sometime.

• Borat74
    2,788 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2020 10:43 AM

Borat part 2 for today:-)

Dont know where to start to be honest,this was 2 players on Tip Top form,Bird,bird,James Bird,Paul Bird,Bird,Bird,Eagle James,Bird,Bird Paul.

Some Darts thrown on this Mobile game and some good putts aswell,we drew Georges F9 and both finished with 27,thats 3 games i played with James now and we drew all 3,i even listened to Eye of the Tiger before i played him and it still wasnt enough:-)

Cheers James and a good match m8,you let me off with that last putt,thnx bud.

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2020 4:40 PM

Borat74:

Borat part 2 for today:-)

Dont know where to start to be honest,this was 2 players on Tip Top form,Bird,bird,James Bird,Paul Bird,Bird,Bird,Eagle James,Bird,Bird Paul.

Some Darts thrown on this Mobile game and some good putts aswell,we drew Georges F9 and both finished with 27,thats 3 games i played with James now and we drew all 3,i even listened to Eye of the Tiger before i played him and it still wasnt enough:-)

Cheers James and a good match m8,you let me off with that last putt,thnx bud.

Well played in good spirit both woo hoo!

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2020 4:40 PM

...^^^^^^^...

• bluey403
    1,526 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2020 1:26 AM

Yeah Paul mate

Was great to catch up for game together after 4 years or so. I managed to receive a tad more rub of the WGT green buddy. Really enjoyed the hit mate, good company, good shots = good fun

cheers mate.

• BigKnight
    2,777 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2020 2:17 PM

Nico and I just played our MP at Merion

First time meeting and playing Nico and I hope it wont be our last....we had a fantastic chat during our stroll around Merion

Birds halved 1 & 2

Nico hit a cracker of a shot to the front pin on 3 and i did not...Nico 1up

birds on 4, pars on 5

I stole one back on 6 to get back AS

Birds matched 7 & 8

Little tug for Nico on 9 put him in left bunker and he darn near holed the shot, i rolled in birdie from 14 to turn 1up

Right side pin on 10 with a bit of a helping wind is always tough, and Nico's drive just traveled a bit too far into back bunker... i birdied to go 2up

Birdies halved 11

Front pin on 12 and Nico made a beauty from above the hole to get 1 back

Right side pin on 13, he missed from about 12 feet and i made the 4 footer BK 2up

We halved 14 with birds

front pin on 15 and Nico lipped from above the hole, conceded my 3 footer

2 concedes on 16 closed the match with BK winning 3up

I thoroughly enjoyed the match, the conversation, and the new friendship Nico

Cheers!

• Nicozandberg
    717 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2020 2:31 PM

Hey didnt we bird 5. Lol? Great report Geof and a great outing. Throughly enjoyed our game. lookign forward to the revenge game....

• bader76
    908 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2020 2:34 PM

2 wins for SEL

ALT Shot Bader76/nico won 4&3 Vs Doug/Junedon

Matchplay Bader76 Won 2&1 Vs Junedon 

Great games played from all 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2020 4:21 PM

YankeeJim and Kysunlover over Ana and Ali 1 up in one of the best AS matches I have enjoyed in 11 years here. Despite Ana deploying her femine wiles, resplendent with her show of applying sunscreen to "maintain that lily white complexion" (very sexy, as it was), Tom and I maintained our poise and got it to 18 AS.

My p's tremendous drive-118 out in the fwy from between the traps-made them try to keep up. Alas, the trap got them. The par putt after a nice 3rd shot went wide while Tom had a 3 foot uphiller.

Tremendous round, Ana and Ali, it was truly a fine outing and we enjoyed your challenge. :-)

• KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2020 9:54 PM

KenBTEXAS   v   havvy

I am here to tell you all this is what it is all about..

GREAT company.

GREAT fun.

and 

GREAT golf.

had a blast around Merion. (I like that place anyway)

we both made some great shots ( tho none fell for Eagle, a few looked in)

we both made some great putts. BOMBS away..

and a few we won't talk about :)

havvy had meter issues on 10 and 17 and that was the difference in the match.

all square thru 18 and I was lucky enough get the one up win on the first extra.

a big thanks partner ..

RSS