Forums

Help › Forums

Re: European eTour Eligiblity change?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 19 2020 10:58 AM (6 replies)
  • TAustin1964
    221 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2020 1:09 AM

I've been playing the eTour events all this year, but the Nedbank Golf Challenge has me as not eligible. It states Open to residents of all countries. What gives?

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2020 11:47 AM

you are eligible. it only shows this message for now because the tournament hasn't started and no one can enter it yet.

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2020 12:19 PM

TAustin1964:

I've been playing the eTour events all this year, but the Nedbank Golf Challenge has me as not eligible. It states Open to residents of all countries. What gives?

Starts Monday n the only one Open to everyone :) Rejoice!!!!!

• kelsp
    2,196 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2020 11:44 PM

Take a look at my Profile for some Eligibility jokes.

The only semi-fair event is the European Tour now. USGA Matchplay Championship is open to 7.8% of the World.

The eOpen was "Open" to the same people exceptions(age and country) are mindboggling. The Qualifier however is open to all but the leaderboard doesn't matter. The same select people are invited and play and win.

-kp

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2020 10:09 AM

kelsp:
    Take a look at my Profile for some Eligibility jokes.

: )

some interesting notes in there.  

for more clarity, I wonder if it would be at all possible to look at participation of active players and the percentages of those players on WGT countries of origin. 

the numbers could potentially be skewed in regards to worlds population and even the US population because the entire country is not wired or connected or have the luxury of playing a video game.

I suspect that scenario increases in other countries that may have even less access to a full range of public utilities like running water, let alone a home computer or mobile phone.

None of this dismisses your larger concern or references to some of the games best not even being eligible or included in certain events.  That too even skews potentially who some consider some of the games best because some just don't participate or are excluded because they are not considered eligible.  

• NrEighteen
    956 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2020 2:04 PM

el3n1:

None of this dismisses your larger concern or references to some of the games best not even being eligible or included in certain events. 

Do anyone know what the reason behind this is? I've been trying to find out but all I can find is some vague explanation of various rules and regulations for different countries and states. To my knowledge, there are no such limitations where I live (Sweden) yet, we seem to be excluded from the major tournaments. 

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2020 10:58 AM

NrEighteen:
    Do anyone know what the reason behind this is?

You might ask Ujjbnjk - I suspect he is more familiar with the issue as it pertains to Sweden. 

RSS