Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Adding some additional courses.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 23 2020 8:39 AM (3 replies)
  • NickolasMagos
    33 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2020 3:01 AM

I noticed some of the courses are only closest to the hole orientated but played them in the past on other simulators and enjoyed them.  Pinehurst 8 and hilton head are really good.  I am talking about the pc download version, not the website app or mobile version.  There may be different options there.

Speaking of the website version I got confused with the swing meter there and couldn't figure it out.  I ended up forfeiting because my clock ran out.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2020 11:49 AM

They really have nowhere to go to add courses, unless they go to some particular courses, and offer to have their venues added to the cheap arcade game this game will be, once flash goes away at the end of december.

Hard to say how well they could even pull that off ... they lost their agreement with the R&A (and / or the British venues) to shoot British Open courses in 2012 ...

Then the agreement they had in the works with the PGA Tour to supply courses like Valhalla or Whistling Straits never came to fruition ...

Then their agreement with the USGA went sour (or so it seems since Erin Hills was the last course photographed) ... they didn't do Shinnecock Hills or Winged Foot ... 

Then their agreement with whoever to supply the complete Bandon Dunes course ( like they assured us we were getting ) this year, in conjunction with the U.S. Amatuer never saw the light of day ....

So with potentially 11 courses missing from our line-up and the game transitioning to a cheap walk-in arcade version of it's former greatness, I wouldn't hold out much hope of new courses anytime in the near future ... 

And all these failures are known in the industry ...

Good luck TopGolf ... you're going to need it ...

• triple000
    220 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2020 3:48 PM

donsprintr:

They really have nowhere to go to add courses, unless they go to some particular courses, and offer to have their venues added to the cheap arcade game this game will be, once flash goes away at the end of december.

Hard to say how well they could even pull that off ... they lost their agreement with the R&A (and / or the British venues) to shoot British Open courses in 2012 ...

Then the agreement they had in the works with the PGA Tour to supply courses like Valhalla or Whistling Straits never came to fruition ...

Then their agreement with the USGA went sour (or so it seems since Erin Hills was the last course photographed) ... they didn't do Shinnecock Hills or Winged Foot ... 

Then their agreement with whoever to supply the complete Bandon Dunes course ( like they assured us we were getting ) this year, in conjunction with the U.S. Amatuer never saw the light of day ....

So with potentially 11 courses missing from our line-up and the game transitioning to a cheap walk-in arcade version of it's former greatness, I wouldn't hold out much hope of new courses anytime in the near future ... 

And all these failures are known in the industry ...

Good luck TopGolf ... you're going to need it ...

Precise ,succinct and the best description of where this once great virtual game is heading...........sadly I concur.............like many others when flash disappears so will I.

Trip.

• NickolasMagos
    33 Posts
    Fri, Oct 23 2020 8:39 AM

Are you accidently playing the coin games instead of setting up your own game?  I did this for over a month when I first started playing because the "play now" option automatically funnels people there, where as the "new game mode" option seems like a secondary feature to the game.  The coin games are not rated, have 45 second clocks and are full of rude people.  When you setup your own game you can choose 30, 45, 60, 90 second clocks, where to play, rated or practice, etc.  I think it's a faulty welcome screen design.  People should be forced to the setup option immediately.

The graphics seem much better to me with the PCEA version than with the flash version.  Of course I only played the flash version twice in all so I can't say for sure which is better.

RSS