Help › Forums

Re: Disable mouse scroll

Mon, Mar 20 2023 2:23 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2022 9:48 AM

ScottHope:

Is there a Windows setting to disable your mouse wheel?

http://efigureout.com/disable-a-mouse-scroll-wheel/

• ScottHope
    10,084 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2022 10:03 AM

Thanks for that PG.

I can't speak for anyone else but I can't set the wheel scroll value to '0' in the mouse properties dialogue box. The registry hack does work but not everyone wants to edit their registry.

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2022 12:04 PM

ScottHope:

Thanks for that PG.

I can't speak for anyone else but I can't set the wheel scroll value to '0' in the mouse properties dialogue box. The registry hack does work but not everyone wants to edit their registry.

I noticed that too- I like the scroll and use it, but I did use to have the same issue others are with this.

An aftermarket mouse with its own Software may allow this to be done...

• ScottHope
    10,084 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2022 1:06 PM

I have a Logitech G305 mouse and the G Hub software for it does allow a lot of customization, but I can't find anywhere to disable the scroll wheel. Not that I want to disable it but others might wish to know that it can be achieved with your mouse's bundled software.

• ScottHope
    10,084 Posts
    Tue, Jul 5 2022 1:55 PM

Contrary to what I said earlier, setting my mouse wheel scroll value to '0' in the registry, did not stop the wheel changing my club or putting meter in the game.

It did disable scolling in my browser, Chrome, but not in Windows Explorer, very odd.

I had an inkling that something was beyond my understanding in the way the mouse wheel worked in the game, because when I was working on my little AHK script to disable the wheel, simply reassigning the wheel up and wheel down events to return nothing, didn't change how the wheel worked in the game, whereas it did disable the wheel everywhere else.

In order to stop it working in the game I had to assign a wheel up action to the wheel down event and vice versa to cancel each action out.

I'd be curious to know if anyone has been able to disable the mouse wheel in the game by any other means.

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Tue, Jul 5 2022 2:16 PM

ScottHope:
    I'd be curious to know if anyone has been able to disable the mouse wheel in the game by any other means.

+1, very interesting behavior...

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Tue, Jul 5 2022 5:11 PM

PureGro1:
    An aftermarket mouse with its own Software may allow this to be done...

That's how I did it.  I have a Razer mouse.  I created a profile called WGT in the Razer Synapse software that looks like this (scroll up and scroll down disabled), and then linked that profile to the WGT app.

That way my scroll wheel works everywhere but in the WGT app.

• ScottHope
    10,084 Posts
    Tue, Jul 5 2022 10:43 PM

Nice!

Looks like my G Hub software is one of the few that does not  have this feature. Pull your finger out Logitech! 😬

• rachelgomez123
    23 Posts
    Mon, Mar 20 2023 2:23 AM

Step 1: Press Win + I at the same time to open the Windows Settings interface. Step 2: Navigate to Devices > Mouse. Step 3: Disable the option of Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

• PAGES
RSS