Help › Forums

Re: Moving up in level?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Nov 27 2021 1:19 PM (34 replies)
  • EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2020 6:06 PM

Slicer0953:
    But... now I ran across someone that is a Tour Legend, at level 95, that only has 1.2MM XP points, has played in one tournament, and has 57 ranked rounds played.  I have 2.1MM XP and am level 98 and have 1,285 ranked rounds played.

OK here is the deal:

Levels are determined by how many XPs you have (not ranked rounds);

The XPs required for the levels in the range you mention above are: 

95 1,097,393
    96 1,291,355
    97 1,513,144
    98 1,764,760
    99 2,016,476
    100 2,268,312

So 1.2 Million is close to Level 96 and if you have 2.1 Million you should be Level 99.

Now back to my first  point ranked rounds are not the only thing that count for XPs. For example,  the person could be playing Alt Shot every night and be getting 0 ranked when they do but still because of a good CDP - they whoop you on XPs.

For me to get to Level 98 it took a CDP of 600 (ish) days. I am now at Level 200 but have a 2,814 day long CDP.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2020 7:07 PM

Thanks guys!! 👍🏼😀

Don you’re 100% correct. I just missed that entirely and I play mobile (which shows it as well) I just made the assumption that since you cannot get that info from a players profile on this site (even if you’re friends) that you couldn’t see it in the game. 

Don, the XP/Level numbers you posted reflect almost exactly what Slicer was asking about. I originally figured that the increasing XP’s required for each level was probably the answer to the 1.2M vs 2.1M question ... but I just didn’t really feel like finding the exact info and trying to explain it!!! 🤣 Thanks for doing the legwork!!

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2020 5:26 PM

Just like to add one thing that i think was missed. The op just wants the access to better equipment. This is totally based on level not tier. Correct?

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sun, Sep 27 2020 9:33 AM

BOZskills:
    Just like to add one thing that i think was missed. The op just wants the access to better equipment. This is totally based on level not tier. Correct?

Technically no, as all equipment has a tier requirement too. But in reality you are correct as I believe everything is available to Hacks and upward.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sun, Sep 27 2020 6:02 PM

Wutpa, 99.999% of the equipment is based on LEVEL not Tier. So Boz you are correct. There are a couple very beginner clubs and one club set that is based on Tier.

There might still be a few balls that require you to be at a minimum tier, not sure if they still exist though.

• Slicer0953
    9 Posts
    Sun, Sep 27 2020 7:25 PM

All,

Thanks for jumping in and clarifying the issue I asked about. I better understand what's happening and can thank the lot of you for taking an interest.  Makes me feel even better about playing this game when we have folks like you willing to take the time to teach us.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sun, Sep 27 2020 10:41 PM

I go with Marchie and Boz: Most equipment is un-tiered.

Tiered balls exist, though, as there may be some tiered clubs, too(?) The concept is a leftover from the time (before 2011) when there were no levels and ALL equipment was tiered. Wutpa may remember this from his early days...

On a side note, tiered equipment from TP up cannot be gifted.

Take these MAX TP balls as an example for both claims - they have no "Gift" button.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2020 7:41 AM

worrying about Tier is a waste of time, effort. and energy. It's been rendered meaningless. just play the game.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2020 12:55 PM

MarchieB:
    Wutpa, 99.999% of the equipment is based on LEVEL not Tier. So Boz you are correct. There are a couple very beginner clubs and one club set that is based on Tier.

Marchie and alosso. Yes, you're both right and I know that level is the only relevant factor. Nonetheless when you go to the Po Shop equipment still states a tier requirement too, even though it is nearly always Hack+. That's all I was referring to.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2020 3:37 PM

Wutpa:
    Nonetheless when you go to the Po Shop equipment still states a tier requirement too, even though it is nearly always Hack+. That's all I was referring to.

Thanks for the clarification. I have to admit that I was a bit lost by your post but didn't want to ask. 😀

RSS