Forums

Help › Forums

Mobile Messaging

Mon, Nov 20 2023 10:34 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BWerthy
    1,009 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2020 11:59 AM

Good day mobile members.  Not being able to send messages to one another has been a real issue for me during my time playing this game. Early on I found a work around to send messages to my friends by using a thread post to send to a friend. I would then delete everything and start it as a fresh message.  This work around has since been disabled :(

the other day I was messing around and found myself on the mobile website having accessed it through the app and then through the CC button. Once In the CC you click on the club forum button, which will then take you to the mobile Forum website.   From there you need to go to your profile which is at the top of the page which says profile. Go there and then select whichever friend you wish to message.  Once at their profile page, you are able to send a message as though you were using flash. Enjoy. 

lastly, if you do not like the looks of the mobile website (which I do not like how it looks or navigates) and want to return to the desktop version, you will need to go to the privacy policy at the bottom.  Once on that page you will need to scroll all the way to the bottom where you will see in green letters FULL SITE. Click that and everything is back to normal and you will not be able to send messages to your friends now.  

Dear WGT, please do not remove this ability from your mobile members. We are desperate to communicate with our friends and do not always want a PC member to initiate one for us.

thank you, hope this helps,

BWerthy 

• BWerthy
    1,009 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2020 9:55 AM

WGT, thank you. 

after this latest update it is no longer necessary to go through the whole workaround I described in the OP to send a message to someone on your friends list as a mobile player.

WGT has made it  possible now to just go to your friends page from the main website accessed either through your friends list in your profile page or from any post a friend may make, or just by tapping your friends name on any list that links to their profile page, and now the send message button is displayed!

seriously, thank you WGT. 

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2020 10:45 AM

Does that just put a message on your friends wall ? 

• BWerthy
    1,009 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2020 4:15 PM

No.  Also I can just tap on your name right now and head to your page and there is also a friend request button now that was not available before. 

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2020 5:16 PM

bossbird:

Does that just put a message on your friends wall ? 

No, now if you are on mobile (which have web browsers that never had flash) you now can see the message button above the profile of people on your friends list 

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2020 11:30 AM

I don’t seem to have that on my iPad . Maybe I haven’t yet had the latest update . I haven’t had a app update for WGT for ages !

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 2:58 AM

bossbird:

I don’t seem to have that on my iPad . Maybe I haven’t yet had the latest update . I haven’t had a app update for WGT for ages !

It is not on ,my Iphone which is up to date. It is not on my 2 Android emulators either, They are both up to date as well. 

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 9:59 AM

borntobesting:

bossbird:

It is not on ,my Iphone which is up to date. It is not on my 2 Android emulators either, They are both up to date as well. 

Just to clarify. This is not talking about IN the actual game itself. This is the message board on THIS site. The friends list referenced is the one from your "My Profile" page on this site

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 10:20 AM

The OP is referring to this

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2020 12:47 AM

Ok , got it , thanks , I thought you meant from the mobile app.

• PAGES
RSS