Help › Forums

Re: Hall Of Fame Tier

Wed, Sep 20 2023 6:55 AM (263 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2021 9:42 AM

pdb1:

pdb1:

And of course . " The original Hall Of Famer .

Even as it may be a little late . Casey's induction to the Hall Of Fame was not too little .

Long overdue .

I've been lobbying for Casey to be inducted into the HOF in many threads over the past few months. My efforts fell on deaf ears. I sure hope he can be at least elevated posthumously. Given all his charity work within wgt, he deserves special recognition.

ct

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2021 9:46 AM

ct690911:

I sure hope he can be at least elevated posthumously.

It has already been done

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2021 9:54 AM

BPeterson8256:

ct690911:

I sure hope he can be at least elevated posthumously.

It has already been done

Gr8 to hear and ty wgt for finally recognizing the obvious.

ct

• Kenbo00
    434 Posts
    Mon, Oct 25 2021 3:50 PM

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Mon, Oct 25 2021 8:20 PM

Great work ....great List!! Honorable mention to one of the "Forum" greats in YankeeJim as well .....

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Oct 26 2021 1:50 AM

Kenbo00:

Let me ask a question... does anyone believe a clasher deserves be in the hall of fame tier? There have been 161 clashes, and is a WGT event. One that some people have been exceptional at.

My list (badly copied above) was about players that have played a number of great rounds in big competitions, not players that have played a great number of rounds. 

If you want to try it, go for number of rounds played in a clash, money spent on passes etc.  It's not remotely the same to me but would undoubtably resonate with some.

It is very good that Casey was added.

Perhaps the above gives some hope to players like fmagnets too.  Now he knows if the major competitions he's won, topping the money list and dominating the game for long periods doesn't get him there there's another way ;-( 

To me this (Hall of Fame tier) was always about advertisement and not achievement.  Hmmm, maybe clashers would get on.  Most targets completed in the golden shot (or whatever it's called) most coins won (from your mate then back and forward) in the coin rooms?  most apparel sets maxed, I forget what the non clash thing is called, but that too.  Most showdowns won?  It's not really what I meant to show but maybe it's where we are :-(

• Kenbo00
    434 Posts
    Tue, Oct 26 2021 10:14 AM

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2021 11:34 AM

Kenbo00:
    I don't know how or why the hall of fame tier was created... not smart enough to read the WGT's mind on that one. But, I personally think the great clashers that have been around are just as deserving as any of the people mentioned above.

The first mention of the Hall of Fame was in this post in 2018, nearly 3 years ago:

WGTChampion:

It's with great pleasure that I get to announce that we have a new elite class called Hall of Fame. This classification will only be given to the best of the best in WGT. 

We did not want to section Hall of Fame off from the rest of the world, so Hall of Fame players will still play in Tour Champion tier games. We are still defining exactly how we're going to start awarding Hall of Fame to players, but we will have all that sorted out when we start to move select players to Hall of Fame sometime in 2019. 

https://www.wgt.com/forums/p/566441/3837350.aspx#3837350

Personally, I don't see how playing a bunch of Clash rounds qualifies one to be considered to be among "the best of the best in WGT".  But that's up to WGT, not me, to decide.  

Obviously, Clashes are important to you and your CC.  Perhaps it would be more appropriate for your CC to have its own "Clash Hall of Fame" for your best clashers.

RSS