Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Noob question on distance on ball

Wed, Nov 18 2020 1:53 AM (3 replies)
  • Flatearth777
    267 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2020 7:40 PM

Does distance apply only to driver and 3 wood or all clubs? does that mess up distance of shots? 

Because the clubs dont show any extra distance.

• Imahacker58
    366 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2020 2:28 AM

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2020 7:51 AM

Flatearth777:

Does distance apply only to driver and 3 wood or all clubs? does that mess up distance of shots? 

Because the clubs dont show any extra distance.

Distance on a ball does change the distance that it plays with a particular set of clubs.. irons,driver , 3w.

however it's not just about the distance stat.

it's really a combination of distance and spin.

So they often increase the distance as they increase the spin so that there really isn't that much if any net gain in distance among most of the 81+ golf balls.

what you're gaining is abliity to hold an elevated green. what you are losing is  more action on the wedges (which can be good or bad) but primarily what hurts with high spin golf balls is the wind affects them more.

So it's a personal choice is the longer distance with high spin worth it?

another example: i had received some free volviks as a result of tap in rewards so i spent a few weeks burning them up in coin games. Their distance rating was less than my normal ball and i ended up adding 2 more yards to 150ish shots. 3 yards to 175 ish shots and 4 yards to 200ish shots. The two balls had the same spin but a distance rating of 4.0 compared to 5.0.

• R13ey155
    5 Posts
    Wed, Nov 18 2020 1:53 AM

also new club distance and actual distance with wind with is frustrating when they end up short with a perfect clip :-( 

RSS