Forums

Help › Forums

Re: People complaining about slow pace of play!

Fri, Sep 11 2020 2:25 AM (23 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2020 9:44 AM
    Take all the time you need for your shot Νίκο. Let them grumble....
  • ABigStick
    1 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2020 2:23 PM

I am finding that a good percentage of the dubious players harassing me to play faster will themselves run into the yellow on the clock. Deduce that lol

• NickolasMagos
    33 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2020 2:09 AM

I had been playing for a few months if my memory serves me correct and it was an on and off problem.  Most days you would get a mixture of normal, fast and slow players.  Didn't really bother me.  But one day all fast players and some complaining just got under my skin.  It's hard to imagine how people can figure out the yardage on wind and elevation, avoid bunkers and out of bounce, wait for a good meter all in 10 to 20 seconds each time and still do reasonably well.  Unless they are legends with a second account pretending to be something else.

And it gets weirder when you see them using starter clubs doing all of it.

Not trying to be antagonistic, but I can barely read hard greens with tournament speed to 2 putt reliably.  If I put less effort into it I think I will remain a tour pro for life instead of advance.  Practice and patience makes perfect.

Better clubs are a no brainer to get better.  If I need 3 shots to reach a long par 4 or keep rolling my ball off the green into a bunker or deep rough there is no way to stay at par for long.  Bogeys and double bogeys add up.  Spin and distance are important.

• NickolasMagos
    33 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2020 2:25 AM

I quit playing the coin games unless I have a free sponsorship and want to improve my apparel to get a boost on performance.  The games don't count towards the rating anyway so I guess most people don't care about doing their best.  It was an error on my part because I wasn't aware of the setup option.  I normally set it at 60 seconds to give me some extra time for difficult shots.  But I also like 90 seconds more than 45 seconds.  The people tend to be friendlier and more serious about their performance.  I did notice some people disconnect instead of forfeit, but that is another thing entirely.  No perfection in the world and getting annoyed about everything only hurts my game.

RSS