Help › Forums

Re: Flash player

Sat, Sep 26 2020 2:15 AM (60 replies)
  • JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2020 2:29 PM

Yiannis1970:
    GrahamB2014:

The following may be a bit controversial but I believe that WGT are trying to sort of force/get rid of long term players. After all we are not good earners for them. Most of us no longer contribute actual money to WGT , we dont buy credits probably have the equipment that we want and have just enough credits to buy the balls we want to use. So again I say from WGT's point of view we are not good earners/customers for them. They want new players who tend to spend money in the early weeks/months of play. Hence they do not care about our opinions, ideas or questions.

Game, set and match!!!

Good Point !!!

• AlaskanDame
    18,870 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2020 6:41 PM

treebeard:
    .  Which is, and will be steam. Stand - alone launcher will vanish.
    Is this accurate?  Have to use Steam?

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2020 8:18 PM

AlaskanDame:

treebeard:

No, it's not accurate.  WGT has never stated this.  

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2020 9:34 PM

"After 2020, accessing any remaining Flash content on the Web will still be possible, but it’ll take some work. Up-to-date browsers won’t be able to load Flash, but truly desperate Flash fans could use an older version of a browser, block it from auto-updating, and use it only for Flash content as to avoid security risks." 

I can't be clearer than above statement !!  For those wanting to continue on flash YOU CAN!!  (As long as WGT does not remove their version) Which will lose them money Period...  Players that have come to enjoy the comradery of WGT and The country Club aspect will leave...Country Clubs become  pointless with only mobile versions (which is basically what PCEA is as well) Navigating is to difficult and disconnected  when your on the launcher...It's fine if your just here for entertainment stupid coin stuff and playing "WGT" Events and tourneys...But for those of us that love WGT for the earlier mentioned Comradery and CC Life....It would be over without "Original PC WGT"....

My Dime....

• AlaskanDame
    18,870 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2020 7:13 PM

SamSpayed:

AlaskanDame:

treebeard:

No, it's not accurate.  WGT has never stated this.  

Thank you.

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2020 7:52 PM

JDGHOST:

"After 2020, accessing any remaining Flash content on the Web will still be possible, but it’ll take some work. Up-to-date browsers won’t be able to load Flash, but truly desperate Flash fans could use an older version of a browser, block it from auto-updating, and use it only for Flash content as to avoid security risks." 

I can't be clearer than above statement !!  For those wanting to continue on flash YOU CAN!! 

But why would you want to?

This game (Flash) as we know it and love it has gone to absolute garbage, just a shell of its former self. There has been virtually NO maintenance of it since they launched the kiddy arcade and there won't be any. They do not give two craps about you or me or anybody but themselves and they have made that perfectly clear in so many ways.

It is just barely any fun now when you put the headset on and chat with long time buds playing the game. If it were not for the enjoyment of friends made it would no longer be on my computer, period. The time is short, sad to say.

I have not and will not even give them the pleasure of trying the crap they have forced on us. I will simply move on to other things in life. I, (we) are obviously not worth their time so their moby sheet game will not be worth mine.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2020 8:33 PM

twinponds169:

JDGHOST:

I can't be clearer than above statement !!  For those wanting to continue on flash YOU CAN!! 

But why would you want to?

This game (Flash) as we know it and love it has gone to absolute garbage, just a shell of its former self. There has been virtually NO maintenance of it since they launched the kiddy arcade and there won't be any. They do not give two craps about you or me or anybody but themselves and they have made that perfectly clear in so many ways.

It is just barely any fun now when you put the headset on and chat with long time buds playing the game. If it were not for the enjoyment of friends made it would no longer be on my computer, period. The time is short, sad to say.

Twinponds is right, They will not update the flash version. Its already acting up now.

My Opera Browser does not work at all in WGT.

Unfortunately, the writings been on the wall for a while and its coming to bear.

• 4RollingStones
    18 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2020 9:16 PM

I know I have only been on here for a few years but have spent mega $$ on B.B. Balls and clubs, worked my way to L100 something and put the time in. Now kids download the app (that sucks and plays like a .25. cent arcade game) and in 3 moths are Legends . That is just B.S. to me, but yesterday my MAC downloaded Safari 14 and it does not support Flash so I'm done with the good version of wgt with no notice.BUMMER...WHAT WGT NEEDS IS ????????????????   COMPETITION !!!!!!!!  I cant believe a $$$ Making game like Golf someone has not gave them a run, or BETTER

• GrahamB2014
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2020 4:49 AM

In all of this WGT has made one very big and basic error as far as I can see.

They have forgot that it is most of the long term players that run or help run Country Clubs.

Without those long term players what happens to  Country Clubs we cant help run them properly (messaging players on the new PCEA and steam platforms is useless  they have no WALL or PM system ).

Without the Country Clubs what happens to the Clash and Turf wars ? ( I am not a fan of either by the way nothing in it individually for the players ). And that is my point no long term players no Country Clubs and then  WGT's main flagship/money earners will die.

Others are correct if as it seems WGT are no longer maintaining the Flash game it will only get worse. We can not even contact WGT staff at the moment I tried to get answers no reply. I suspect that they are all off playing the PCEA and Steam versions so they can not even get or see our messages to them.

The biggest thing I hate now about WGT is all the unnecessary secrecy, they never give out information without us wringing it from them and even then they do not confirm it (eg the average and ranked rounds for the tiers never confirmed we had to work it out ). I suspect it is so that they can never be seen to get it wrong or be found out if they change things.

This game as many have said is not much fun any more they have killed the golden goose.

• Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2020 5:26 AM

You don't need any flash updates to run smoothly this game. I play for more than 2 years now with an 18 version of flash and everything is fine. Flash has nothing to do with WTF shots we experience in this game, especially this year.

RSS