Re: Fringe Flop Shot Question

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jan 4 2024 11:31 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2020 8:18 AM

Babzilla33:

Another thing to keep in mind is the 60W has less loft than the 64W. This can account for an increase in distance but also a decrease in bite, as such hitting from the fringe translates to hitting more ball than grass. 

Cheers,

BABZ 

Ya, I actually use my 60 degree flop just enough to know how it normally plays, and I expect to hit it tight with that shot every time. That is why I was so surprised that it took off from me. Although it only went 2 yards long, I felt it was more like 4 yards long for those conditions. (28 yard "carry" 3' uphill and into a 7-9 breeze with full backspin) I can't ever remember playing a flop from the fringe before though. And I doubt I ever will again. 😂🤣

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2020 8:22 AM

just a random add on about flops from fringe. 

if you're in fringe, and hitting into a 25-30 mph headwind on tournament and above greens. DO NOT USE FBS... unless you really want your golf ball to come back and see you.

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2020 4:36 PM

When on the fringe I always pitch. Hardly ever flop or punch during a game but I do a lot of praying and cursing. 

• Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2020 6:51 PM

BPeterson8256:

Ya, I actually use my 60 degree flop just enough to know how it normally plays, and I expect to hit it tight with that shot every time. That is why I was so surprised that it took off from me. Although it only went 2 yards long, I felt it was more like 4 yards long for those conditions. (28 yard "carry" 3' uphill and into a 7-9 breeze with full backspin) I can't ever remember playing a flop from the fringe before though. And I doubt I ever will again. 😂🤣

A little too much muscle Brett. Gotta lay off the shake-weight exercises man 😁

• DakotaDog61
    115 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2020 7:08 AM

Backspin. I find from years of playing here, if I hit a 20yd flop from the fringe with full bs, it will usually, stop 1yd from the hole, on a dime. Most times. Also, you have to hit the flop ding, not the regular ding. (The line to the left of the ding)

• Flatearth777
    267 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2020 4:16 PM

How do i make flop go straight after landing is my question

• Parfect55
    3 Posts
    Thu, Jan 4 2024 11:31 AM

The flop shot simulation in this game, in no way represents an actual flop shot. The ball only reaches an apex of approx 20'0, does not respect the backspin applied or the distance selected. Therefore, you cannot get it to stop due to the low height achieved. A real flop shot can reach 50 or 60 ft and fall straight down at the spot selected. Re-think and improve this shot!!!

• PAGES
RSS