Forums

Help › Forums

Desktop vs Steam

Fri, Feb 17 2023 1:42 PM (20 replies)
  • GolfNomad
    299 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2020 5:15 PM

I played both and sees they're about the same, I believe on the desktop I can change resolution though (I'm playing on a PC).  Do you guys have any recommendations on which you prefer for PC play?

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2020 7:50 AM

iPad LOL

• JDGHOST
    6,767 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2020 8:19 AM

YEAH.....Flash Version !!!  😉😉

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2020 6:58 AM

GolfNomad:
    Do you guys have any recommendations on which you prefer for PC play?

GolfNomad, there are some players who prefer the Steam version over the standalone PC Launcher version but I believe it has more to do with some functions of Steam rather than playing the game itself. I will let them comment as to the pros of using Steam as I do not play on there. 
    Personally if you do not use Steam for anything else I would just stick to the regular PC Launcher as I don’t see the point of adding another layer of complication by needing to play the game within a separate Steam platform when you can just play it by itself.
    Ultimately I don’t think there is any real difference as far as the game itself goes between the two options.  

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2020 8:51 AM

MarchieB:

GolfNomad:

GolfNomad, there are some players who prefer the Steam version over the standalone PC Launcher version but I believe it has more to do with some functions of Steam rather than playing the game itself. I will let them comment as to the pros of using Steam as I do not play on there. 
    Personally if you do not use Steam for anything else I would just stick to the regular PC Launcher as I don’t see the point of adding another layer of complication by needing to play the game within a separate Steam platform when you can just play it by itself.
    Ultimately I don’t think there is any real difference as far as the game itself goes between the two options.  

I had a member just ask the same question. I told him they were both the same game..

I would use the launcher until they make you go to steam.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2020 10:19 AM

DonCaron:

MarchieB:

GolfNomad:

I had a member just ask the same question. I told him they were both the same game..

I would use the launcher until they make you go to steam.

+1

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2020 10:39 AM

There are some offers available on Steam for downloadable content (DLC) for WGT that are not available on other platforms (Flash, PCEA, mobile).  Currently, there are 5 bundles available at prices ranging from $2.99 to $19.99 that include balls, clubs, credits, and coins.  So if you spend actual money on the game, it's worth checking out Steam.

• BogeyOne
    1,965 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2020 11:36 AM

SamSpayed:

There are some offers available on Steam for downloadable content (DLC) for WGT that are not available on other platforms (Flash, PCEA, mobile).  Currently, there are 5 bundles available at prices ranging from $2.99 to $19.99 that include balls, clubs, credits, and coins.  So if you spend actual money on the game, it's worth checking out Steam.

I seem to have just lost $2.99 plus tax trying to get one of these.  I made the mistake of thinking that since the game installed using Steam Play on my linux system that these bundles would too.  Wrong.  Immediately upon placing my order, I got the message that the bundle was now in my library.  It is not but the money - - $3.30 which includes tax - - has already been removed from my checking account.  Not much money at all but I sure feel stupid now.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2020 1:19 PM

BogeyOne:

SamSpayed:

I seem to have just lost $2.99 plus tax trying to get one of these.  I made the mistake of thinking that since the game installed using Steam Play on my linux system that these bundles would too.  Wrong.  Immediately upon placing my order, I got the message that the bundle was now in my library.  It is not but the money - - $3.30 which includes tax - - has already been removed from my checking account.  Not much money at all but I sure feel stupid now.

That Stinks.

Did you try logging out an back in, and checking it again?

• BogeyOne
    1,965 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2020 2:05 PM

DonCaron:

That Stinks.

Did you try logging out an back in, and checking it again?

Yes but to no avail. Perhaps because this is a weekend and the money from the bank shows as pending, the steam people's system is waiting for the money to actually clear the bank. But that is a long shot of hopeful thinking on my part.  I did immediately get the message while in steam that the purchase was successful and that the bundle was in my library which it was not. Oh well, only $3.30 tax and all.

I posted this so that other linux users would not make the same mistake with the $19.99 bundle which would remove about 23 bucks or so from their bank account.

RSS