Forums

Help › Forums

Re: SEL v Wgt Amigos Shovlovin memorial

Wed, Sep 2 2020 3:06 PM (36 replies)
  • KenBTEXAS
    281 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2020 8:28 PM

Yes we had a fun time. (it was golf :-)   )

Brian is in our hearts and minds, and we had a toast at the start, .

The final score is not as important as remembering friends past and making new friends.

I never knew Brian and from what I hear is that is my loss.

We make new friends and continue on.

THANKS Viv

Ken

• amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2020 12:58 PM

Myself and Phil (Ppic) just had a wonderful outing around St.A and lots of toasting to the Man himself, Very little swear words (honest) as sure Brian had a stake in this game lol

What a lovely Guy Phil is and such a great game filled with fun and tons of respect for Shov

Not sure how it happened but I managed to sneak a win in the closing holes...

Hats off to Brian and Amigo`s.... Thank you all for being who you are!

Class act Gang..

Chris

• achtbaan
    813 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2020 1:08 PM
    good to see this memorial, i will always be an amigo,no matter what cc i play in. keep this up. Brian you are not forgotten
  • pipala
    887 Posts
    Sat, Aug 22 2020 3:36 AM

Had a fantastic fun round with Vivian last night, didn't get a chance to write it up after the match.

As captains we decided to run out over 18 holes and what a fantastic match it was. Some fine golf between us on the front 9 and a flurry of birdies from both made for a very tight game. As the alcohol flowed so did Viv's golf lol and a fine display on the back 9 saw Viv seal the win on the 17th.

We drank a lot, we chatted a lot and we certainly laughed a lot, Brian would have been proud. Great fun in great company, just what it's all about, thank you so much for the laughs Viv and for all of your help pulling this together,

Pip xx

• pipala
    887 Posts
    Sat, Aug 22 2020 11:13 AM

achtbaan:
    good to see this memorial, i will always be an amigo,no matter what cc i play in. keep this up. Brian you are not forgotten

Love this post :)

• pipala
    887 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2020 1:17 PM

Apologies for the delay in wrapping this up, I got lost in the hills of Snowdonia for a few days.

Another great match with our friends at Wgt Amigos and we did Shov proud, much fun was had in Brian's memory and that's why we all turned up.

A huge thank you to Vivian for your help in putting this together and thank you and best wishes from all at SEL to all at Wgt Amigos.

Until next time

Pip x

• vivian1234
    3,877 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2020 3:06 PM

We all had a great time getting together and i am sure Shov is very proud and smiling at us raising his glass of Merlot .

There are not enough words to thank you Pip for putting this up in Brian's memory . A huge thank you also to all SEL members and best wishes from all of us the WGT Amigos .

Stay safe and take good care all of you and hope we meet on the greens again .

Until next time ,

Hugs,

Viv xx

RSS