Forums

Help › Forums

Re: What's the best use for sponsorships?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 8 2020 5:35 AM (6 replies)
  • Rjramza
    1 Posts
    Thu, Aug 6 2020 8:37 AM

I'm new to the game.  I've been using sponsorships in head to head matches almost exclusively, netting mostly silver packages.

Is there a better use for sponsorships?  Should I be playing tournaments on a sponsorship for a better box?

• BogeyOne
    1,965 Posts
    Thu, Aug 6 2020 12:09 PM

Here is some very good advice.

Don't limit yourself to the head-to-head coin room games. They will not lower your average.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Thu, Aug 6 2020 12:16 PM

Rjramza:
    Is there a better use for sponsorships?  Should I be playing tournaments on a sponsorship for a better box?

Sponsor Boxes ONLY work with Head to Head Coin games!

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Thu, Aug 6 2020 12:29 PM

BogeyOne:
    Doing so will cap your tier progression at tour pro

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure you can progress to Legend Tier in just H2H Coin games. I personally believe it takes longer to do it that way versus the traditional RR/AVG route but it can be done. It really is dependent on the quantity of games played and the quality of the opponents you play and win against to advance tiers via H2H play (I do not believe that AVG is a factor in determining Tier advancement for strictly Coin room players). 
       I would also not be surprised if you could advance past Legend using solely H2H matches but because the criteria to advance to T. Legend and above increases so much after Legend in the AVG/RR method (500/750/1000 RR's) it may take a very long time in H2H matches to play enough Quality players to advance past Legend.

I will wholeheartedly agree with you that WGT is MUCH more than just the H2H Coin games and there are many other game options to play and explore.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Aug 6 2020 12:56 PM

BogeyOne:

Here is some very good advice.

Don't limit yourself to the head-to-head coin room games. They will not lower your average.

so? what does that matter?

( i agree with the first statement but the reason is wonky)

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Aug 6 2020 1:01 PM

MarchieB:
    I would also not be surprised if you could advance past Legend using solely H2H

You can go all the way to TC that way. It's been done. i think Tita hit TC with hardly any if any RRs played.

I went from TL to C with 69 RRs played from the time I hit TL. and i had a 60.02 avg at the time.

What their algorithms are who knows. but it's definitely possible to Tier without RRs being much if any of a factor.

• DanL24
    61 Posts
    Sat, Aug 8 2020 5:35 AM

the swing edge hat is probably the most valuable piece of apparel in the game since it can add significant distance to your driver as it gets upgraded.  Therefore just use swing edge sponsorship every time until you get the hat to a high enough level.

RSS