Forums

Help › Forums

Re: No search bar

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 27 2020 8:42 PM (40 replies)
  • BWerthy
    1,009 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2020 11:06 AM

Maybe this is part of the newest update, but when I go to the WGT forums, There is no search bar any longer. I cannot search for a topic I am trying to find out more about. 

It’s about as awesome as taking away the back door for sending messages on mobile, because once I figured out how to send new messages to others while being mobile, it was disabled too and now I cannot send new messages to my friends. 

is this the new normal that we can no longer search the forums for a specific topic?

• BWerthy
    1,009 Posts
    Thu, Aug 6 2020 12:17 PM

I am using my iPad now instead of my phone and should say that the search bar is available here but not on my phone which is my primary device.

So it would appear that mobile is not as important to WGT as the PCEA or flash versions.  I understand being limited due to the smaller screen, but this is something that I had available to me and no longer do. This is among other things.  

Please return the search bar for mobile. I don’t want to have to use my iPad every time I want to search the forums

• WGTweb
    27 Posts
    Thu, Aug 6 2020 10:58 PM

The search box appears when you're signed in.  If you're signed in but can't see it, go to https://www.WGT.com/logout.aspx or clear your cookies, then sign in again.

To search without signing in, most search engines let you do this:

site:wgt.com/forums aug 2020

• BWerthy
    1,009 Posts
    Fri, Aug 7 2020 8:42 AM

I am always logged in. Should I log out and log back in?  Also, does clearing cookies make a difference from my phone?  That is what I typically use to play and search the forums. 

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Fri, Aug 7 2020 1:56 PM
    Also not sure if this will help, I noticed a few weeks back that it sometimes just does not load on the screen and if I hit the refresh screen it then shows up. 😕
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Aug 8 2020 8:04 AM

BWerthy:

Maybe this is part of the newest update, but when I go to the WGT forums, There is no search bar any longer. I cannot search for a topic I am trying to find out more about. 

It’s about as awesome as taking away the back door for sending messages on mobile, because once I figured out how to send new messages to others while being mobile, it was disabled too and now I cannot send new messages to my friends. 

is this the new normal that we can no longer search the forums for a specific topic?

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Sat, Aug 8 2020 8:44 AM

BWerthy:

I am using my iPad now instead of my phone and should say that the search bar is available here but not on my phone which is my primary device.

So it would appear that mobile is not as important to WGT as the PCEA or flash versions.  I understand being limited due to the smaller screen, but this is something that I had available to me and no longer do. This is among other things.  

Please return the search bar for mobile. I don’t want to have to use my iPad every time I want to search the forums

I just checked it on my iPhone. The whole right navigation column (Getting, Started, Search, FAQ, My Discussions, Active Threads) is missing. 

And I'm clearly logged in and can reply to threads if I choose. 

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Sat, Aug 8 2020 8:57 AM

I pieced together a couple of screen shots to show how this page displays on my iPhone. Note that the left navigation column is completely missing. It's just white space.

• BWerthy
    1,009 Posts
    Sat, Aug 8 2020 10:13 AM

Thanks Robert, I did not know how to piece it all together the way you did but all of that stuff is gone as well. The links to the discussions I am a part of and all the other info plus the search bar as you so noted.  

• Cicero733
    2,292 Posts
    Sat, Aug 8 2020 12:19 PM

I was advised months back that the missing page elements are flash dependent. (I play iPad). As the updates redesigned to run the application without flash are applied components that were flash based are disappearing or are being re-introduced in a different format. For a period of time the entire left hand page portion for iPad players at least was gone, but it has since been re-introduced.

RSS