Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Mouse resets to the middle of the screen

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 12 2022 8:08 AM (9 replies)
  • Nextus
    10 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2020 12:02 PM

I cannot move the mouse cursor, once i move the mouse the cursor resets to the middle of the screen. Sometimes tabbing in and out of the program will fix it for a couple minutes. This is on the windows PC app on Windows 10.

• LLLlloyd88
    176 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2020 2:52 AM

Is this with the early access version? I have mouse issues with the early access version myself. When the game starts in full screen mode (via maximize from task manager) the mouse cursor sometimes jumps around and is unusable. I have to press "windows key + tab key" to close the game then keep restarting until the mouse works correctly.

• Ess3xGooner
    675 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2020 4:53 AM

I had the same problem. See this link:

https://www.wgt.com/forums/t/641430.aspx

It fixed it for a while, now every so often, the problem recurs. Strangely enough, this only happens on my pc version of Win10. I have the game also installed on a laptop with Win10 and have not had it happen.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2020 5:16 AM

If it wireless, change the battery. Wired, make sure its plugged in good.

I have a wired game mouse and it sometimes messes up. I usually have to make sure the plug is in good.

• Nextus
    10 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2020 8:25 PM

Its a fairly new wired USB mouse and I have unplugged and plugged it back in, same issues.

• Nextus
    10 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2020 12:09 PM

So I uninstalled and deleted Reg Key, then I downloaded Steam version, worked great for 2 days then in the middle of a match play today the pointer started rubberbanding to the center of the screen again. Tried tabbing in and out to no avail..wtf? Can a Dev or Admin give an explanation, or is it just a work in progress and shut up and wait to see if it gets fixed?

• HotPutterXXX
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2021 4:29 PM

Have same here... SOLVED.....

Look for WGT Golf direct acces icon,

mouse right click on it....

Properties,

select compatibilty and

run this program under WINDOWS 8

Enjoy !!!

• aol1954
    2 Posts
    Sun, Apr 10 2022 4:08 AM

Havde samme problem, har prøvet alle de beskrevne metoder, men den vender tilbage med problemet, nu har jeg så fundet en løsning som virker for mig, tryk på windows knappen 2 gange og åben så spillet i gen på procseslinien :-) 

• DaltonW47
    43 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2022 2:19 PM

Had same problem earlier today, on hole 17 on Merion - cursor would not move out of rectangular area around the base of the flagstick.  While the mouse moved it looked as if the cursor was moving but when the mouse stopped moving, the cursor returned to the rectangular area.  Tabbing in and out of app did not help - finally had to kill the app via Task Manager.  Entire round had somewhat erratic cursor response.  After app restart, no sign of the same problem (did not reboot PC).  Windows 11 using PC app.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2022 8:08 AM

This is an odd one Dalton, which fortunately I don't suffer from, but I can make it happen by pressing certain keys on my keyboard. So next time it happens to you, if you can unplug your keyboard, maybe try that to see if the issue disappears, just as an experiment.  ; )

RSS