Forums

Help › Forums

Re: TRIBUTES : WHERE TO BEGIN

Mon, May 10 2021 3:48 PM (58 replies)
  • craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2020 1:29 PM

A frequent contributor to this wgt forum pdb 1  has confessed that he isn't really making that much effort when he writes his stories..

Paul says he feels that he is barely going through the motions, treading water, and not really going the extra mile.

"I'm not really very inspired at the moment," he said, looking uninspired. "It's not easy to keep coming up with interesting stuff to fill the pages, and I just feel like I'm not really putting my back into it."

He said it seems as if he's operating at at 50% of his capacity.

"I'm only working half as hard as I could," he comments

Wgt leading forum poster paul  tries to write a story every day, but he thinks it's becoming more and more difficult as time goes on.

"I'll have to try and pull my socks up," was his last comment .

Reserved for Club Manager Signs for Golf Courses, SKU: K-2512

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2020 3:47 AM

Give lonnie a cup paul .

I'm very conscious that since i became a tour legend i am cancelling a lot of games if i am not scoring birdies .

Don't want to shoot my average up too high and give myself all that work bringing it back down .

Does mean that to saturate my amount of games needed will take longer .

Who am i kidding . Never going to make champion before end of year or probably never anyway.

Player on here called lonniescott who is a tour champion playing with starter balls the whole time .

Only one i know . My hero .

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2020 11:23 AM

One more to add to your list.  You would have found him eventually as he is an Aphrodite member, but I felt I should post it now as I feel a bit embarrassed I didn't spot him last time (main reason being I picked/checked just some of the players that I remember from Electra days).

JMH1 - joined April 2009, plays every day.

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2020 5:11 PM

Thanks for the award but all I`ve ever been doing is just trying to pay it forward . When I first started playing this game a lot of wonderful players helped me along the way . With both advice and friendship they were and still are a blessing to me . So I do what I can as best as I can . Its always a pleasure to do so . But sad to say that Im not a Tour Champion yet still a Champion for now

. Not sure if I will ever reach the last tier as I really dont play any more . I just hangout and hit balls now in practice setting . Just enough to keep the monkey off of my back to calm the addiction .

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2020 4:30 AM

Had to look it up .

Pay it forward is an expression for describing the beneficiary of a good deed repaying the kindness to others instead of to the original benefactor. The concept is old, but the particular phrase may have been coined by Lily Hardy Hammond in her 1916 book In the Garden of Delight.

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2020 8:30 AM

RSS