Help › Forums

Re: Yardage changes on clubs

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 26 2021 2:58 PM (22 replies)
  • pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Thu, Mar 25 2021 3:08 PM

SamSpayed:
    Agreed.  That green bar is actually called PUTTING POWER TIP in the Settings.  It's not the same thing as PUTTER PAL.  But I wonder if that's what Paul was referring to when he said "it's gone wacky lately".

Yes of course . The PUTTING POWER TIP BAR is within the Putter Pal .To be clear(er) . I do not have a problem with the Putter Pal .

I am sure there are many ways to gauge where you want to release the meter .

Even though this is a bit crude .

Uphill is + 50 % on the bar ( middle of the suggested shot bar )

Downhill is - 50 % on the bar ( middle of the suggested shot bar )

Is where I start .Then adjust from there . Is one way .

And now where I don't go .I haven't got used to it in the short time I have tried it .

I would rather calculate . And just use the precise increments of the Putter Pal .

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Thu, Mar 25 2021 3:13 PM

Mythanatos:
    10% 3 putt % explains all.

Explains all what ?

Every green speed has a different calculation . If there is something easier . I am all ears . I definitely could use more putting help . Although I have improved by about 75 % lately . It was about time . It only took me 9 years .

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2021 2:58 PM

Back to the confusion of the additional perks with the apparel .

I use the apparel perks when I play coin rooms . Basically because it is there . I am mostly interested in increased yardage though .

Having paid attention to preferences . I turn off my apparel when I play all other multiplayer formats .

So being that when we/I play Alt Shot . We are all playing in PC mode .

9 out of the last 9 alt shot players ( that's 3 rounds ) . Have all confirmed an unusual and significant loss of distance on many different shots . Wedges and irons .

IE: 159 yds to hole 4' up . Approx 8/mph cross wind right to left .

Hit ball to go 161 yds .

Ball doesn't even make it to the green . Goes 134 yds . Lands in the rough .

I bring this up in 3 different rounds where I notice this happens to another player and myself .

All players confirm this has happened more frequently .

Like myself . These players are skilled and accurate . And more times than not we land a yard or 2 or 3 from the hole .

So to miss by that far is frustrating and unusual ( but more frequent ).

I am wondering if by switching the apparel bonus features on and off back and forth . This is somehow causing the yardages to not read properly .

RSS