Forums

Help › Forums

Yardage changes on clubs

Thu, Dec 1 2022 9:28 AM (28 replies)
  • Rifle57
    71 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2020 2:09 PM

Maybe someone has an answer to this. With certain clothing in the PCEA version you have abilities that add a few yards. eg. Driver went from 291 to 296. But only in certain games. Some games it drops to 294. Same for 3 wood, went from 250 to 257, but sometimes it drops to 254.I know the abilities is shut off for tournaments, but why does this change when playing members in my CC. Stroke games and alt. shot, but not all the time. Very strange. Never seems to happen when I play alone.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Rifle57

• Eyeswideopen11
    108 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2021 11:13 AM

It is still happening.  My driver goes from 294-300 when I play certain courses.  

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2021 7:48 AM

Eyeswideopen11:

It is still happening.  My driver goes from 294-300 when I play certain courses.  

Check your elevation changes.

Don

• Eyeswideopen11
    108 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2021 11:38 AM

Don thanks.  What is happening is I play a round with all the apparel bonuses.  Once I finish that round and start another, without making any changes to apparel or equipment, all the benefits from the apparel are off, gone, whatever you want to call it.  To fix it after each round I go into My Apparel and just change one item, save and this will apply the bonuses for the next round I play.  What sucks is I have to do this after every round because I don't know when it is going to happen.  

• Rifle57
    71 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2021 10:46 AM

I seem to have the same problem sometimes. I've been told that even though it shows a lower yardage it will still be the higher yardage that you purchased with the apparel. Was told it's a glitch. Not sure.

• JC00713
    95 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2021 7:34 PM

Happens on mobile too.  I too was told it was a glitch.  I disagree.  All things being the same, when the driver drops from 298 yards, to 280 I notice the difference.  At the same time,  I also notice the difference in the driver slow swingmeter speed provided by the level 9 SE glove.  Also noticeable when my 3W goes from 257 to 242.  Glitch or not, it’s noticeable to me.  Others say it doesn’t affect their clubs, and it’s a glitch. (shrugging shoulders)

• AL4040
    32 Posts
    Wed, Mar 3 2021 3:13 AM

You Should lose the apparel bonus if you switch to a ranked round ,, if it happens while playing a coin game then it should only be a display glitch , meaning although it shows you lower listed yardage you should still have the (apparel bonus) longer yardage ,, usually if you restart your device you should get the correct yardage display back with the longer distance !

• Eyeswideopen11
    108 Posts
    Wed, Mar 3 2021 8:06 AM

AL thanks.  I thought the apparel bonuses can be used for any round except tournaments.  

Thanks

• AL4040
    32 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2021 8:11 PM

The only ranked rounds you can use the apparel bonus on, is clash rounds ,, in house club tournaments or wgt tournaments you won't get any apparel bonus for clubs like added distance , spin , etc etc ,, kind of a confusing set up if you enjoy playing different kinds of games lol , so coin games and clash rounds it's a go ,, tournaments no go lol ,, hope this helps a lil bit , enjoy the game and stay well ! 

• Dex000
    109 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2021 2:17 PM

You'd be better off to get an accurate map of your clubs with no apparel and just play without the magic clothes. Knowing exactly how far your clubs will go, and using course management, will win you more games than having a few extra yards or bigger sweet spot or whatever, especially since some games won't let you use the magic clothes. It's all about consistency, imo. 

RSS