Forums

Help › Forums

Re: ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL CC

Sun, Aug 23 2020 11:04 AM (2 replies)
  • MojosMojo
    104 Posts
    Sat, Jul 25 2020 9:57 AM

Brand spanking new club, two weeks old. Played in our first Clash and managed 54th place. We went 10-0 ( just missed getting into 11th match by 5 stinkin’ minutes).  Could of done better but we were just getting our feet under us.

It’s a very small and tight knit group. Everyone gets along famously.

That’s because the club consists of only me.

We are not looking for members, just wanted to tout our arrival and toot the old horn a bit.

• MojosMojo
    104 Posts
    Sun, Aug 9 2020 9:54 AM

For my encore... 38th place. 
    I really just started this on a lark after speaking to a friend. We were talking about some of these large clubs with 250 members where more than half of them participate in the Clash. He was saying what waste of time and that a new club would take over a year to break the top 50. 
    That got me to thinking and thinking about it brought out my competitive nature. So I launched my club, one member, no applications necessary. Now all I needed was to wager my nonbeliever friend. Mission accomplished! 
    I will say that WGT did me no favors. Out of my 11 matches I played Wolf Creek once, Saint Andrews three times, Bethpage Black twice and got Chambers Bay 5 times. If I would’ve got Wolf Creek 5  times and Chambers Bay once I probably could’ve cracked the top 25.

I got him both times on my wagers and that is the important part for me. 
    I know most would say you’re crazy to spend all that time and money, but, crazy has never really been a deterrent for me. Plus, I made money to do it. He didn’t think I could crack top 150. Once he spouted such a low bar I knew I had him.

Also, I want to congratulate THE CREAM HORN and their TWO players who managed 62nd place (not to shabby). I don’t know them, but it was still a nice accomplishment. 

It was very challenging to get all 11 rds in with just me so I had a few low scoring rds in late night early morning. I know I could do a little better, but my buddy isn’t accepting new wagers, lol.

Next Clash I will only play my super passes and 8 or 9 matches and see where that puts me. Then I will probably retire my club and find one that I can help.

Well, thanks for letting me share my journey with all you fine folks. See you next time.

• MojosMojo
    104 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2020 11:04 AM

87th place using mostly only blue passes (I did use 8 or 10 regular passes).  Also only played in seven matches. I played at least double the passes last time to get 38th and all 11 matches. The power of the super pass is obvious.

Now I will research some clubs Again and choose one I think I can help. I haven’t had much luck with this process in the past, but the journey is always enjoyable. 

So it goes... 

RSS