Help › Forums

Re: Showdown - Not able to complete last 3 holes

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 5 2021 10:19 AM (8 replies)
  • mrm6400
    1,790 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2020 1:03 PM

I just did the elimination round for the Showdown. "Out of this World"

I was -8 through 15 holes and started playing hole 16 on Bethpage.

I got an Eagle to drop from the fairway to go -10 and my opponent missed a par putt and he forfeited the match.  The page would never load and it came up with cancel and retry option.

I tried clicking retry but nothing ever happened.  So the match ended and i did not get credit for my Eagle to go -10 nor did i get the opportunity to play the last 2 holes.

My scorecard show -8 through 18 holes.

Does not seem right for this to happen to anyone.  If your opponent gets mad and forfeits the match we should be able to complete our round and get credit for the score we actually shot.  

Has this happen to anyone else.  Is there anything that WGT can do to make the score more accurate.  I just want the opportunity to compete fairly.  

Hopefully the -8 will be good enough for me to make the finals.

If not hopefully someone will make it right so i can compete in the final round.

Thanks,

Michael

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2020 2:03 PM

It's the notorious bug associated with the showdown that's been going on since it was first introduced. Yeah... the bug and the way WGT handles it are truly "out of this world"!

• mrm6400
    1,790 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2020 4:03 AM

I was reporting what happened in hopes WGT could do something to correct situation so i does not happen to anyone else.  But sounds like it has and will continue to happen.  I have been able to finish my round in the past when opponent quit so not sure what the difference was this time.  It acted like it does when you loose internet connection.  The box appears with error message saying check you internet connectivity and gives a cancel or retry option.

Wish I had waited longer to see if it would reconnect but after clicking retry 6 times I tried to exit and reconnect thinking it would have a saved game and i could finish that way but it was all over and i got back to homepage.

Hope -8 will be enough to get me through to the Finals.

• DanL24
    61 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2020 10:09 AM

mrm6400:

Unfortunately they give you bogeys on the holes you did not complete so you will probably show a -5 for a total (3 bogeys on holes 16, 17, 18).  I have had most luck emailing support about things like this although they may only give you a refund of your credits.

• Borat74
    2,788 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2020 12:34 AM

DanL24:

mrm6400:

Unfortunately they give you bogeys on the holes you did not complete so you will probably show a -5 for a total (3 bogeys on holes 16, 17, 18).  I have had most luck emailing support about things like this although they may only give you a refund of your credits.

No bud they give you Bogeys for all 3 holes even if your on the 3rd green putting,happened to me in the eliminator and final round,Eliminator for holes 4-6 i was awarded 3 bogeys instead of 2 birds and a par,i should of finished -14 and finished at -9.

Also happened in the final round on holes 13-15(just had -4 for 3 on 10-12 so was playing okay)  so i quit on holes 16-18(fuming that it happened again?) as i had no chance of winning so there is No Point in playing these until WGT decides it might be a good idea to pair Showdown Participants against each other (Even if you have to wait half an hour to play 3 holes)at least you could hit the score that merits your performance?

Such a shame as the tournament is a great idea it just needs ironing out big time.

• MBowe
    1,981 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2020 4:58 AM

Hi, I had a similar issue yesterday with the Showdown.  It crashed and wrote the logs to a folder on my laptop.  Anyone know how I send that crash folder\log to support?

Thanks,

Mike

• mrm6400
    1,790 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2020 5:29 AM

Amen to that !.

I played the Final round of the Showdown yesterday and had an awful time.

Game froze up. Crashed twice.  Was just an awful experience.

Hopefully WGT will work out the bugs in this because it is a great event and I enjoy it.

But it needs to work properly to give us a chance to complete and represent our ability and score rather than acting like a bug or virus is working against us as we try to play.

Thanks,

Michael

• Rebellion27
    27 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2020 6:24 AM

Think i take the losers biscuit on this one. Tied for the lead on -17 in Vet with three holes to play.... go into match up, spins for 45 seconds... message comes up "showdown is finished" (with more than a day to go). Takes me to home screen, last three holes filled with bogeys. Win/2nd nailed on.... finish -14 and about 12th. They need to sort their **** out pronto.

• Byrd411
    11 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2021 10:19 AM

So, from what I understand this kind of thing has been going on forever with WGT. It's not okay. When are they going to fix this ridiculous bug? Seems to me that the devs could fix this glitch if they want to.

In the elimination round of Veteran Countdown Showdown the other day, I just finished my second hole and was -3, when my opponent (even) disconnected from the match. I assume that if he had forfeited properly, I might have been able to continue on with the third hole. However, I got the Oops button and was booted from the game. 

Went back a few hours later and it started me all over from hole one (completed those same two holes in -1). After my eighth hole, I was -6, when my scorecard showed holes 7 - 9 as three bogeys and holes 7- 9 had been pushed to holes 10 - 12. I was baffled by this (honestly thought they showed me someone else's scorecard, because I was only on hole nine. So, instead of being -7 through nine, I was -4 through 12. Finished up at -8 and missed the cut at 54th.

WGT needs to fix this ASAP (yes, I want my credits back, but that's kind of a meh result). I should have easily qualified for the finals. They need to allow players to continue playing after a player forfeits or disconnects from the game. I should think the devs should be able to handle a task like that.

RSS