Re: Showdown - Elimination Round was not able to complete

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 26 2020 2:49 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Nicole161106
    281 Posts
    Sat, Jul 25 2020 7:32 AM

Dharla:

This is my first showdown tournament and I just finished the elimination rounds. I had 2 opponents forfeit and 1 disconnected. I was able to finish all 3 of those rounds so no complaint there.

My question though is under prizes it shows 100 players will win something but in the elimination round the cut off line is at 50. How can there be prizes for 100 players if only 50 make it to the finals?

Dharla

I answered this before i'm sure. There is more than one division in each tier, rookie for certain as i won the first one i played in and other players were on the forum saying they had won and not received their prize, when i looked at my leaderboard their names were not on it, neither would my name have been on theirs, so there is definitely more than one winner/leaderboard.

• mrm6400
    1,790 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2020 5:42 AM

Thanks for all the input and feedback guys.

I will try hitting cancel and wait next time if retry does not work.

One thing for sure you can't log out and go back because I does not save your game as it does normally.

I enjoy the Showdowns and the format and the opportunity to compete for a few prizes.

Just wish the game would work properly without acting like the bugs or virus is attacking us and having a negative effect on our scores.

Yes there are 3 divisions :

Beginner 10 credits

Veteran 100 credits

Expert 1000 credits.

Once you sign up under one of these levels you are placed into a grouping of 100 others.

Your name and ranking is only representative of this grouping as there are many other similar groupings of 100 people playing as well.

So it will not show particular names and such if you were trying to look up how your friends did or something.  It is way to many individual groupings for the 3 different levels.

Prizes are listed for all three levels so you can click on it and see what you want to try for.

WGT Please look at making necessary upgrades so we can play the Showdown's without so many issues.

Thanks,

Michael

• MattMaher35
    518 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2020 1:27 PM

mrm6400:

Thanks for all the input and feedback guys.

I will try hitting cancel and wait next time if retry does not work.

One thing for sure you can't log out and go back because I does not save your game as it does normally.

I enjoy the Showdowns and the format and the opportunity to compete for a few prizes.

Just wish the game would work properly without acting like the bugs or virus is attacking us and having a negative effect on our scores.

Yes there are 3 divisions :

Beginner 10 credits

Veteran 100 credits

Expert 1000 credits.

Once you sign up under one of these levels you are placed into a grouping of 100 others.

Your name and ranking is only representative of this grouping as there are many other similar groupings of 100 people playing as well.

So it will not show particular names and such if you were trying to look up how your friends did or something.  It is way to many individual groupings for the 3 different levels.

Prizes are listed for all three levels so you can click on it and see what you want to try for.

WGT Please look at making necessary upgrades so we can play the Showdown's without so many issues.

Thanks,

Michael

Just happened to me as well, 2nd showdown in a row the game crapped out during the final round. After retry didn’t work, I sat there forever after cancel and it never came back. It’s absolutely infuriating that still hasn’t been fixed after 9 months. Can’t wait to get my “sorry, we’ll refund your entry and we’ll look into“ email from WGT support after I wasted an hour playing the 1st and 2nd round. Here’s an idea WGT, how about you fix the software before you run another one of these!!! I spend more credits than 99.9% of the folks who play this game and I am absolutely fed up. 

• mikegooner0
    13,859 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2020 2:49 PM

here is one that happened to me today...

i played the first 3 holes of the final round of the Showdown at Wolf Creek and finished 3 under.....i did not play any more at that time .....the next time i logged on my score was given as level par after 6 holes....i was given 3 bogeys for holes 4/5 and 6 and i didnt even play them....i got in touch with WGT and they refunded me my entry fee and are looking into how this could have happened.....

so they have me playing 6 holes where i only played 3....laughable...

• PAGES
RSS