Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Needing advise

Thu, Jul 23 2020 9:54 PM (2 replies)
  • sadgillmore34
    22 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2020 11:14 PM

Ok I just turned level 70...my game is alright but not where I want I want it to be at this level....o have a terrific putter, I love my wedges, but my woods and irons are giving me a problem all around..I play my game off my Android, but what I'm comfortable with is a slow to med swing.....can some one please help with some advice.... like I said I want to start being competitive...

• fireman33
    2,692 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2020 3:58 PM

You can get some of what you are looking for by playing head to head watching the apparel  hat glove shoes shirt pants will achieve some of what you are looking for. I wear the swing ease clothing as you unlock the locks you can get reduced meter speeds on driver. I know you said you loved the wedges but wedges other than starter will boost your game and be a game changer for you. At level 70 I would hold off at a little higher level you can get a lot better drivers and 3 wood than at level 70. If your 3 iron is a 225 distance trade the hybrid wood in on a 3rd edge and it will help you short game a 64 degree is greatness careful with the backspin though as it will back off the green. A Callaway 33 ball is a cheaper great ball for the price. Hope this helps as others will chime in as well

fireman33

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2020 9:54 PM

Well said!

As a TP, you don't need much to improve. Wait until you are a Master (longer tees) and take profit from the levels then.

For strokeplay like the tournaments your's playing, I'd propose for now to get two short wedges, a budget custom ball (Srixon?), and a fancy 3WD.

1) It's a real game changer to replace the Starter wedges which are the worst clubs in that set. A 50/75 yds combo or 60/80 yds, from L35 up, will serve you well.

2) Any custom ball from B-ES up will reduce the meter speed. Alas, they are subject to wear and loss and cause some steady spending.
    I've been using the Tour-SD for a long time, but Srixon is even slower.

3) As a TP, a decent 3WD may serve as a driver, doubling the use of a budget club.

RSS