Forums

Help › Forums

Re: gifting scam?

Thu, Feb 24 2022 8:23 AM (7 replies)
  • hleland
    76 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2020 7:52 AM

my second encounter with a "birthday boy" wanting to gift me balls for his birthday.

He asks for my password to conduct the exchange.  I passed on both.  It may be a way for a guy to hack your account.   Be warned.

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2020 8:05 AM

He wanted to gift "YOU" balls?....Or he wanted your password so he could gift "himself" balls from your account?  Either way I would report the players name to WGT IMMEDIATELY!!

JD 

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2020 8:19 AM

hleland:
    He asks for my password to conduct the exchange.  I passed on both.

You could've phrased that better, on first reading it I thought you did pass on the information. : |

• giraldin
    3,712 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2020 8:31 AM

Well, I don't think he will be very successful if what he does is ask for the password of the accounts that are not his

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2020 8:42 AM

hleland:

my second encounter with a "birthday boy" wanting to gift me balls for his birthday.

He asks for my password to conduct the exchange.  I passed on both.  It may be a way for a guy to hack your account.   Be warned.

There's no "may be" about it. It's definitely a scam and attempt to get into your account. 

Never give a password to someone who asks for it, regardless of how legitimate it sounds. Of course, this doesn't even come close to having the appearance of legitimacy. 

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2020 8:27 AM

It should go without saying:

Do NOT share your password with ANYONE. 

Gifts can be sent from the proshop and no one needs to login to your account to send a gift. 

If someone is asking you for your password, please report them to members@worldgolftour.com

_CHAMPION 

• PieterPretoriusP
    1 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 5:58 AM

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 8:23 AM

If you believe someone is attempting to scam you or do anything against the rules, you should simply report it directly to WGT. Email address to contact WGT is in post above yours.

WGT doesn't always read these threads, and naming a player in the manner you did has long been considered a violation of forum rules. You really should edit your post to remove the player's name.

RSS