Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Impossible player rank and stats more and more

Fri, Dec 8 2023 10:37 PM (48 replies)
  • KooKtGooSe
    6 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2020 8:03 PM

I;m really sad this ended ,,, I"ve got a lot to say about this .... agree with mcgozer and wliess(voice of reason about the REAL frustration).

• COBRAMAN5
    10 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2020 12:00 PM

mcgozer:
    200 rounds as Tour Legend before reaching Champion

THIS INCORRECT. 750 RANKED ROUNDS,AND 53 AVERAGE.

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2020 12:39 PM

COBRAMAN5:
    THIS INCORRECT. 750 RANKED ROUNDS,AND 53 AVERAGE.

He was quoting old information. A couple of years ago, the criteria changed when they introduced Wolf Creek (as a full course) and opened the Tour Champion tier. 

Yes, you're correct that the number of ranked rounds is now 750 to go from TL to Champion. But you're incorrect on the average.

If someone is following the traditional route of ranked rounds,* the required average is less than or equal to 59.00.** As an aside, the required average for Champion to Tour Champion is 55.00. None of the tiers have ever required an average of 53.

*In calculating average and number of required rounds, the following rounds are excluded from the calculations: par 3s, par 5s, and custom courses. 

**Please be aware that those who play coin matches have their own criteria for leveling and tiering up. That route is not tied to ranked rounds at all.

• PAT3361
    50 Posts
    Mon, Nov 28 2022 3:38 PM

I totally agree with mcgozer assessment of why it is even possible that Legend tier players exist with 0 ranked games and ave scores of 150,

I am a Legend tier current level 94 I turned Legend at Level 83, ( I signed up to wgt in Jan 2011 so just over 11 years playing) up to level 83 I had to not only spend money on credits to improve equipment and the hundreds (if not more) of balls purchased to help get me to that tier, yet it appears to me and many others that since the advent of the mobile platform you can reach Legend status and beyond without putting in the time, and go through the struggles that most of us from the original game had to do, that is where it is most infuriating!

I have asked WGT many times how can a player reach Legend with 0 ranked games and a 150 ave and all they ever reply with is that you can only rank up by playing RANKED games, so this is obviously BS! but I suppose we have to remember that WGT is a business and $$$$ will always come FIRST.

On a final note, one of my other pet hates amongst those that deliberately maintain an artificial rank, The worst I seen to date was when i played a level 135 Tour Pro (yes i did say Tour Pro) as you could imagine I did not stand a snowballs chance in hell!!! along with the massive tee andavantage he owned the TSi Driver (ave distance 291yrds) I don't care what anyone says that situation is just laughable, again I have asked WGT that equipment be unlocked by TIER and NOT Rank, this would (hopefully) stamp out those that deliberately keep the tier down in order to gain tee advantage and better in game assistance.

So WGT needs to get its house in order you either Tier up by playing RANKED games or NOT with NO exceptions for Mobile coin Players, 

• GreenLaser
    172 Posts
    Mon, Nov 28 2022 4:47 PM

I'm wondering how Average is calculated. I'm currently at 65.70.  Mine drops when I score a few strokes under par, but I don't need to score under my Average to lower it.  Does course difficulty figure into it somehow? Seems that "Best of" rounds don't affect Average.

i also think my Average is probably artificially low because apparel boosts are active when I play solo ranked rounds.  IMO, Average should be calculated only using rounds without apparel boosts. 

I hit Master around L81 and see higher Tier players at lower Levels and/or higher Averages than mine fairly often.  I don't understand how tiers are determined. Is coin room success or lack of it factored into determining Tier?

• Hilltopbuck
    261 Posts
    Tue, Nov 29 2022 5:24 AM

Amen, Brother! That’s why I am playing fewer and fewer coin games and gravitating to only RGs, brackets and CC tourneys. 

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Nov 29 2022 6:49 AM

PAT3361:
    I have asked WGT many times how can a player reach Legend with 0 ranked games and a 150 ave and all they ever reply with is that you can only rank up by playing RANKED games, so this is obviously BS!
    That's BS, right, as these "150" Legends exist anyway.

They progress by their level plus their successes in coin room games. Point is that they won't tell us how, and the user community hasn't figured it out. Not having any stats of these games contributes to the difficulty.

The company has been very reluctant to spill any of their secrets in tiering up, all of what we know is by user diligence.

PAT3361:
    On a final note, one of my other pet hates amongst those that deliberately maintain an artificial rank, The worst I seen to date was when i played a level 135 Tour Pro (yes i did say Tour Pro) as you could imagine I did not stand a snowballs chance in hell!!!
    Which kind of game was it?

If he wins in ranked or rated rounds, or in coin rooms, their algorithm will take care of him, AFAIK. And if not, he may be a rare unicorn here...

PAT3361:
    So WGT needs to get its house in order you either Tier up by playing RANKED games or NOT with NO exceptions for Mobile coin Players, 

Their house IS in order, and you'd better learn to accept their house rules or decide on some alternative. My two Pfennig: Have some fun!

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Nov 29 2022 7:00 AM

GreenLaser:
    I'm wondering how Average is calculated. I'm currently at 65.70.  Mine drops when I score a few strokes under par, but I don't need to score under my Average to lower it.
    That sounds like you're newly "in saturation", that is, more than 40 contributing Master rounds under your belt. Then, any better round kicks a worse score out so that the average drops unexpectedly - it's nonlinear math!

Also, some "Best of" courses do count (BoF, BoH...) and some don't, notably the Bo5 that you played often. Add Bo3 and Bandon Dunes to the latter courses.
    "Rule of thumb": Only courses with Pars between 60 and 80 do count in ;)

But, course difficulty doesn't count in, neither does the Par of the courses. It's exclusively the score that counts. Conspiracy thinking won't help you...

• Mikey1874
    244 Posts
    Wed, Nov 30 2022 6:15 PM

RSS