Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Small but active club

Sun, Aug 16 2020 10:07 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • pearljammmmer
    4,268 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2020 7:21 AM

Do you belong to a country club that has a lot of members, but many of them rarely if ever play in club events? Would you like to belong to a country club in which the members actually play in club leagues and tournaments? Then maybe WGT Pinhunters is for you!

We are a small (about 40 members) but active and friendly group, most of us have been in this club for several years, and we are always looking to add new players! We have a variety of club tournaments and leagues, something for everyone - and in most of our tournaments usually at least 16-20 of our members will play it. Many of us play them all! All of our members are expected to take part in at least some of our events.

If this sounds interesting, please send a request to be a member! You do need be at least Level 30 or higher to join. We welcome players from lower tiers - we were all Pros and Tour Pros at one time too!

NOTE: our country club does not have those "lower your average" unlimited play tournaments that are played from the forward tees.

Tom

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2020 11:48 AM

Hey Tom, I see your Club has some players active, always good.

My question upon joining, is your Club settings open for players to create games or is it closed to a select few?

I am interested in having access to create games in a CC. If not, thanks for your time. 

Mark 

• pearljammmmer
    4,268 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2020 12:59 PM

Mark, only our directors can set up tournaments. The reason for that is because we have a longstanding policy to not have those "lower your average" unlimited play tournaments that are played from the red tees, and in the past we had a few new members who joined and then insisted on creating them anyway, and it caused some turmoil.

Thanks for expressing interest in joining though. 

Tom

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2020 1:18 PM

Tom,

Can you send me an invite? 

I am a regular, daily player, play club tourneys, a few Clashes if the wind isnt howling etc.

Thanks. 

• pearljammmmer
    4,268 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2020 6:49 AM

bump

• pearljammmmer
    4,268 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2020 5:48 AM

bump

• pearljammmmer
    4,268 Posts
    Mon, Aug 10 2020 2:57 AM

bump

• conexcon
    44 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2020 8:01 AM

Hi Tom, i have been in the same CC for years, currently top of the activity chart, mainly down to no one plays, would love to move but very unsure how i go about it? (not very PC tech) current level 89, tour master. Do i just click leave CC then what search? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Best Regards Stephen

• pearljammmmer
    4,268 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2020 2:16 PM

Stephen I just sent you an invitation to join my country club...you have to leave the CC that  you're in before you can accept the invite. I also sent you a friend invite, so we can message each other that way, if for some reason the invite didn't go though, at the top of the main WGT page click on the WGT Community tab, then click on Country Clubs and enter WGT Pinhunters to bring the club up, then apply.

Thanks for your interest! 

Tom

• RicardoL44
    5 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2020 5:01 AM

Tom, I would also like to join your cc. Been thrown out of my previous cc for no apparent reasons after good contribution (50k+ over 3 months). I am now looking for a niche and competitive cc to join and your one seems to tick all boxes.

thanks,

Ricky

• PAGES
RSS