Forums

Help › Forums

Re: SKY Sports & WGT

Fri, Jul 24 2020 1:47 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2020 10:45 AM

Acquiring money allows for expansion. When you examine all the things that Topgolf is doing to drive money to the bottom line, going public in some form brings in money faster than just using profits. 

My guess is that WGT is an asset that does not perform the way Topgolf's other assets do in bringing money to the bottom line. Quite likely Topgolf has gotten what it wanted from the acquisition of WGT: that is technology and YuChiag Cheng.

Some of this would make for a reasonable assumption that WGT could be on the auction block.

• BogeyOne
    1,965 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2020 11:01 AM

HackWilson1930:

Some of this would make for a reasonable assumption that WGT could be on the auction block.

I bid $5.00

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2020 11:55 AM

This isn't a new phenomenon it's been done before. I remember playing a challenge on one of the US golf channel's web sites a couple of years back.

I guess they pay WGT to allow them to use the game for their own branded challenges.

So no sinister take-over, tin foil hats away, as you were.

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2020 12:32 PM

PaulTon:
    So no sinister take-over, tin foil hats away, as you were.

Lol, somehow you never quite struck me as the "voice of reason" :) Always good to hear from ya tho' my ol' friend.

Doc :)

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2020 3:18 AM

Did no one notice that the player shown is Misterwgt?  First name is different Guy Nelson instead of Chad Nelson but the pic is Misterwgt. 

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2020 4:02 PM

borntobesting:

Did no one notice that the player shown is Misterwgt?  First name is different Guy Nelson instead of Chad Nelson but the pic is Misterwgt. 

Interesting observation. I did a quick search for 'GuyNelson' and there are 32 variants of them, none of which are the same as in that picture and 29 of which are 150.00 Hacks.

I suspect it is a name used in house for testing purposes of some kind, or someone genuinely named Guy Nelson needs to go to Multiaccounters Anonymous to get support for their addiction.

Nigel.

• craigswan
    30,970 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2020 1:47 AM

• PAGES
RSS