Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Gameplay assistance?

Tue, Jul 7 2020 12:39 AM (3 replies)
  • Adamj82
    2 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 2:50 PM

Hi, I absolutely love this game but I’m struggling to work out how to actually play it! I get that that sounds lame but it’s really difficult to now what to play? 

im 2 months in, pro lvl 41 but I never earn any go,d coins, if I enter a tournament I get around 2 or 3 over after 9 holes which means I win nothing, if I play head to head I get matched with tour pros and legends who have monster drivers and I lose evergrime and although I’m in a country club, I don’t even k is what that means apart from email notifications and if I look at playing the best scores is like 50/60 so what’s the point even playing it?.. am I missing something?, what am I supposed to play? 

I just keep playing 9 holes T St. Andrews on my own trying to beat level par and exiting if I’m 3 over after 9 as there’ no point... I want thug game to be fun but I don’t k ow how to play it?,... can someone please help and guide me?

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 8:29 PM

No offence intended, but it's by design that you play above Par. Once you consistently play below 72 (36), you will be promoted to Tour Pro.

To become better, consider the following:

- check your shots, imagine why you (probably) fail to hit the greens in regulation, why you have more than two putts.

- get yourself decent wedges; the Starters are crap.

- consider a good 3WD as a driver replacement.

- practice, practice, practice.

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 8:50 PM
    We all gotta start somewhere...just learn the courses don’t worry about your avg, still a lot to learn at your level
  • Adamj82
    2 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2020 12:39 AM

Hi, no offence received, thank you for your advice.... I get what you are all saying and unless you can beat par I’m unlikely to ever win anything. but can I just ask what games I should be playing?....... when I open the app should I be concentrating on entering tournaments ?... even if I come in way down, does that help my progress???.... entering head to heads for 1 or 3 holes seems pointless as winning 900 or 4,000 silver coins means nothing?.... which game mode should I be trying to do well in?. Country club events?. I just don’t know what to click on..

the other comment just says get used to the courses, get better wedges and I’ll get your pro. All that’s going to do is pair me straight away with better players in head to heads when I can’t even win already? Lol.... IMO everyone should be in with a chance at every level, but it seems that every tournament I enter already has a leaderboard on 65 shots and I’m striving for level par if that. What am I supposed to do? Why enter to win nothing?. I need to improve clubs but can’t win coins and although I’ll watch vids, the fun has gone out of the game being paired with plates too good for my level so I have no chance. 
    I open the app and just have no idea what to click, I just stare at it. Lol  

RSS